My 1 year old ripped out my radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1 year old ripped out my radio

He was playing at driving (he loves the vroom vroom, already a dub man) and he got his fingers in the tape deck and popped the face plate off of the factory deck. The pins that plug in to the bottom of the deck were bent so I straightend them and put the face plate back on, but now all I get is powere on and off and volume, its stuck on 1 radio station and i cant turn on the cd chnager in the trunk.

Do i just need ot keep straightening pins because they are not all in or os this going to cost me $$$?

Cheers
    The world has but three sports, Bullfighting, Mountain Climbing, and Motor Racing. All the rest are merely games - Ernest Hemingway.

Re: My 1 year old ripped out my radio

all of the pins need to make contact to control the cd changer/radio im surprised you have any sound at all. Just keep on trying to get them in just be carful not to bust the pins off your youll have to spend some $$$. GL
    Last edited by GTI_VR6; 06-16-2005, 11:33 AM.
    My signature is so last year...

Comment

Re: My 1 year old ripped out my radio

If you don't get the pins striaghtened out pring it to me and I can see if I can solder some new header pins in.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
      X