Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas Milage!!

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
    Enough to get me by, however i do estimate my hp numbers above a typical tdi's 150whp
    Yup, you will more than likely have more hp than most typical TDI's, even more torque than most tdi's that are stock. BUT, for the few of us who decided to mod their tdi's and got some torque numbers in the mid 300's creeping up on 400, I have yet to see a 1.8t keep up with me up a hill. Lots have tried.
    2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
    Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
      I don't mean to call you out like this but i'm calling BS on you even getting close to 6.5l/100km even coasting downhill let alone on a highway.
      You're right... My calculations went wrong some where, actually 115KM/H 8.4L/100KM from Edgemont to Great Falls, Montana. 3 passengers.
      Last edited by kujiwara; 04-15-2013, 03:42 PM.
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Lars forgot to mention he was wind sucking Semi's the entire trip.....

I am sure these numbers can be done, but there is no way I could drive that slow for that long.....
        Ben
        2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
        2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
        2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
        Her's
        2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
          Lars forgot to mention he was wind sucking Semi's the entire trip.....

I am sure these numbers can be done, but there is no way I could drive that slow for that long.....

Lol I'm not that much of a NASCAR fan to draft a semi lol..it was a painfully slow trip it seemed

Kane it was a couple months before we met lol...

I got 9.4l /100km in my Volvo going out to Golden and back during spring break 10 over speed limit all the way .. Not bad for an inline 6 awd SUV
          Last edited by Lars; 04-15-2013, 08:51 PM.
          12 Volvo XC 90
          03 Jetta1.8T
          95 Cabrio VRT
          90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

1411 kms is my record tank. Done this year. Calgary to Saskatoon, back to Calgary, a drive out to Bragg Creek, and then home.

01 ALH TDI with a Van Aaken tuning box, vented tank.

You mirin?

Comment

Best I did with my ALH was 1150km. Was less than a 1/8 tank left and didnt know where the next station was so I didnt push it. That was from Calgary to Naniamo.
              Passat seems to leve out around 7.2L/100km in the city. Usually on the highway I'm fully loaded with stuff on the roof so tough to say whay highway is. Loaded maybe 6.9L/100km.
              Stefan
              -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
              -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Best I did in my TDI was ~1350km. Calgary to Vernon for 4 days, back to Calgary, drove to work 2 days. When I finally filled up I calculated about 2L left in the tank. Me + wife + 2 kids and trunk full of stuff.
                2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
                  LOL I'd walk all over you 1.8ts all day long up those mountains. Got Torque?
                  easy boy ...... if a 1.8t has to shift out of gear to pull up any mountain one of two things . a stop driving a b5 auto quattro un chipped. Or B you have a monster turbo and its out of its spool range . but a stock mk4 1.8t will never have any issue out pulling a tdi on any hill. and we are talking stock to stock because if we start modifying , good luck keeping up with gears and horsepower ,

1.8t awp stock

12v 2.8 vr6

this is a the closest thing to a stock dyno . but we know stock they are 90hp but i have seen them dyno at 80 whp . and arround 145 wtq .
                  sigpic

Comment

so what i am showing here is a 1.8t stock not only matches the alh but also ads another 2-3000 rpm under the curve .
                    vr6 ditto . . start to go mod for mod and we wont go there .I am not hating on alh , best engine ever.But bold statements need to be reeled into reality or we just spread the inaccuracies that is the internet forums of the world. and just for kicks i will toss in a few more stock for stock dynos of new tdi and 2.0t gas
                    sigpic

Comment

stock gti fsi

stock tsi gti

stock new crd tdi
                      sigpic

Comment

^^^Loving the graphs TMers...but I don't see fuel consumption in there anywhere. lol
                        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

HP doesn't get you up hills, Torque does. You find me a 1.8t with only $3000 of bolt on mods that can haul up a hill faster than my TDI can and I will shut up. I already said once before in an earlier post that stock vs stock the 1.8t does have more power and will pull on a stock tdi. My statement was that my modded tdi could outpull any 1.8t through the mountains. Obviously the 1.8t will have more hp and will take me on the flat spots, but if we did a pull up a hill, the only thing that car would see is blacksmoke.

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
                          easy boy ...... if a 1.8t has to shift out of gear to pull up any mountain one of two things . a stop driving a b5 auto quattro un chipped. Or B you have a monster turbo and its out of its spool range . but a stock mk4 1.8t will never have any issue out pulling a tdi on any hill. and we are talking stock to stock because if we start modifying , good luck keeping up with gears and horsepower ,

1.8t awp stock

12v 2.8 vr6

this is a the closest thing to a stock dyno . but we know stock they are 90hp but i have seen them dyno at 80 whp . and arround 145 wtq .
                          Last edited by dJ; 04-16-2013, 04:46 PM.
                          2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                          Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Just drove to and from bc in our 08 jeep grand Cherokee diesel. 6400lbs and full time all wheel drive avg 9.0 going to van and 9.5L per 100km on the way back.

The best I did in my mk4 back in the day was 780k going to van to a tank and it was chipped. I basically sputtered into the gas station
                            Last edited by boostedmk4; 04-16-2013, 08:35 PM.
                            Certified 3m installer
                            jwukovits@me.com
                            1-403-988-9012
                            Instagram @Protectit
                            I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
                            2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
                            2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

The GC only weighs 4800 lbs dry, so 5000 lbs with fuel, washer fluid, ect. The MPG's are correct though, my wife's has 10.6 on it right now, 70% highway, 30% city all stock engine, but pretty much fully loaded GC.
                              Ben
                              2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                              2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                              2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                              Her's
                              2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
                                HP doesn't get you up hills, Torque does. You find me a 1.8t with only $3000 of bolt on mods that can haul up a hill faster than my TDI can and I will shut up. I already said once before in an earlier post that stock vs stock the 1.8t does have more power and will pull on a stock tdi. My statement was that my modded tdi could outpull any 1.8t through the mountains. Obviously the 1.8t will have more hp and will take me on the flat spots, but if we did a pull up a hill, the only thing that car would see is blacksmoke.
                                lol you guys ........lets just find out what we can buy for $3000....... lets start with franken turbo . $1299........ and $240 injectors, Tune $650. and an exhaust ......should be arround 3 k .

you seem to forget that with such low rpms, The AREA OF USEFUL POWER UNDER THE LINE IN THE DYNO IS TINY = no
                                the 1.8t is a performance engine, the tdi is an economical engine, i have built a 200 whp, 450 wtq. alh, and it is at over 10k in the build, 10k into a 1.8t is a gdam monster and would curb stomp the biggest tdi car out there .I promise mod for mod stock to stock the only thing a tdi can do better is avoid this
                                Last edited by turbomeyers; 04-17-2013, 01:23 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X