Looking at ordering a 2006 Jetta TDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at ordering a 2006 Jetta TDI

My wife and I are considering ordering a new 06 Jetta TDI and I have a few questions considering it will be my first new car and my first newer VW.

- Which dealership should I go to in the city? I've heard good things about Fifth Ave and bad things about Northland and Southcenter Fine Cars. Should I just stick with Fifth Ave? Is there anywhere out of the city I should consider?

- How much should I be able to bargain down the price? I understand that its a new generation Jetta and that they havent been on the market for long; but I feel that I still shouldnt pay the sticker price.

- Does anyone recommend a specific sales person? How did the sale(s) go with that person and were you able to swing a favourable deal?

- Anyone have any details on leasing a VW? What rate do they usually give and what percentage of residual do they usually leave you with?

- I understand a number of people have had service issues in the past. How bad is it really? Especially when the vehicle is still under warranty (off warranty work will be done by Concept 1).

Anyone have any other advice that I might find useful? Any information from people that actually work for a VW dealership would be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: Looking at ordering a 2006 Jetta TDI

new car service should always be done at the dealer no questions on that.. as for the dealerships shop around and haggle with them all no other way around that really.. as far as 5th ave vwsalesguy on here works for 5th and i'm sure if you PM him he can probably work a deal out for you ..

Comment

I all hooked up at South Centre Fine Cars. I want your business!
      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
      You dig sucka?!

Comment

If anyone is interested. Here are the dealer invoice costs for the 06 Jetta TDI.

whoops nothing here
        Last edited by R_Ethug; 10-13-2005, 08:42 PM. Reason: showing legit pricing kills sales.

Comment

If you are going to get aftermarket rims go for steelies 15 "will save you some $$$ and the woyld be good for winters I wish that I had done that when we got the car
          12 Volvo XC 90
          03 Jetta1.8T
          95 Cabrio VRT
          90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

They really don't mark up the car that much.....I expected to see more. I bought my Jetta at Northland after shopping at all three Calgary dealers....they just seemed more hungry for the sale and came up with the best deal. I'm sure it changes depending on how each dealer's sales are for the month etc.
            2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Due to supply and demand there really are no great deals on any TDI 06 Jettas. I would however like the opportunity to earn your business and if you have a valid club membership i will offer an automatic $500 discount over and above anything else i can do for the price. Fifth ave has the best Sales team in the city and the best Service customer satisfaction scores. drop me a line vwsalesguy@shaw.ca or call me @ work 273-2500

Cheers
              Adam
              FIRST TO MOD THE MKV

Comment

Looks like he decided to go with Honda instead

Comment

honda??? meh ble boo
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment