Looking for information.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information.

I am looking into to purchasing a Golf or Jetta TDI. And I am hoping to get some opinions from current owners.

I would like to know which dealerships people would recommend in the Calgary area. Or if there are ones that maybe should be avoided. Especially when it comes to the servicing of the vehicle.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for information.

all that info is in these pages

Search around!
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

I am sure you can find good and bad for all the dealers on this board, but we have sales people from 5th Ave and service people for South Centre regularly on this board so find what works best for you!
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I think the best dealership for sales is the one that gets you the lowest price! You should shop at all three and try to get them to outbid the others. We do have a NVD'er who is a sales guy at 5th so he may be able to cut you a better deal, ask him!

I think that for service, none of them are stellar, appologies to those on the boards who work at any of the dealerships. I know the techs are not at fault, most techs are competent, just that the customer service level and policies for things like warranty work are not super. In my opinion, if I have an issue, someone should bend over backwards or jump through hoops for me to fix it...

Anyway, most people on this board love their VW despite the quirks, the couple of recall items, etc. We like the cars because they are good looking, very fun to drive, comfortable and have personality!
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Great advice on checking the forum. Forums are a new experience for me so I am finding my feet here.

Comment

Oh, one other thing, I recommend the Golf over the Jetta.

- Golf has more cargo space (height)
            - Golf is easier to load (hatch)
            - Golf has more rear headroom
            - Golf is more rare than Jetta
            - Golf has some superior parts (headlights, seats, etc)
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I bought my VR6 GTI from Tudor @ 5th ave, he handled the transaction perfectly and has been helpful ever since. Also, positive marks to the financial people @ 5th ave, they were very easy to deal with.

So far as 5th ave service, initially the service manager was a problem, I let the incessant VW surveys know my feelings on it...he happens to be gone now. My last visit was good(latch adjustment) but other than that the only negative thing I have to say about 5th ave is that the service dept is too busy to do as much as an oil change without significant notice.

Also, top marks to the parts guy, pretty sure his name if Frank...or Fred...can't remember the name for sure, he's the young guy there. He's been around twice that I've purchased parts after they've closed @ 5:00. He's personally saved me at least 45 minutes on each visit!

On models...personally...the GTI, better drivers car, better seating position(further back), better cargo capacity. But if you're going for four doors I might be inclined to get Jetta, especially now with the MkV's.

Comment

i get great customer service from 5th ave always
                Last edited by forreal; 10-27-2005, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I just bought an 05 golf TDI from Vanee Motors in Lethbridge. Brad White was the salesman, and he was outstanding. It was really nice to go into a dealership, and have all the paperwork ready to go; with no hassles. Also, he didn't mess around with the "I'll run this offer past the manager and see what he says" crap; I called and told him what I was after, and he gave me a price right away. (And the best price I found even after visiting all the dealers in Calgary.)

Also, I really liked that the only fees they had on top of the quoted price were a $95 documentation fee, and the $20 tire tax. Calgary dealerships ranged from $150-300 documentation fees; and a few of them wouldn't tell you about all the additional fees until you pressed for more info. And for just a little more value, he said that all cars they sell come with a block heater.

It couldn't hurt to give him a call and see what he can do for you. I'm very glad that I did.

Brad White (403) 328-4189
                  Last edited by Chikko; 10-27-2005, 06:19 PM.

Comment

If you would like to take a demo of the car you are looking to purchace drop me an email vwsalesguy@shaw.ca. I will also be happy to work for you on the final sale price. I have helped club members in the past with getting the best possible deal. Let me know.

Adam
                    FIRST TO MOD THE MKV

Comment

Originally posted by Chikko
                      I just bought an 05 golf TDI from Vanee Motors in Lethbridge. Brad White was the salesman, and he was outstanding. It was really nice to go into a dealership, and have all the paperwork ready to go; with no hassles. Also, he didn't mess around with the "I'll run this offer past the manager and see what he says" crap; I called and told him what I was after, and he gave me a price right away. (And the best price I found even after visiting all the dealers in Calgary.)

Also, I really liked that the only fees they had on top of the quoted price were a $95 documentation fee, and the $20 tire tax. Calgary dealerships ranged from $150-300 documentation fees; and a few of them wouldn't tell you about all the additional fees until you pressed for more info. And for just a little more value, he said that all cars they sell come with a block heater.

It couldn't hurt to give him a call and see what he can do for you. I'm very glad that I did.

Brad White (403) 328-4189
                      Yeh, brads a good guy to deal with.

Comment

We bought our '03 GTI VR6 from tudor @5th Ave. as well.Very nice guy, made things real smooth..
                        Brad white is also a super guy @ vanee, allways friendly nad willing to help
                        Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

Working...
                        X