Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Luck

Ok time for my monthly r4nt.

After getting my car door fixed from some mofo hitting it someone yesterday smashes my back window, grabs my laptop and Ipod.

Does anyone know where I should get my back side window replaced? How much do those bad boys cost?

Thanks,

QuA
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Re: Bad Luck

That licks man!

We use Cosmos glass. Very good glass installer.

Cosmos Glass Ltd
    417 53 Avenue SE, Calgary, AB T2H 2E7
    (403) 692-0606
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

Weak. I had kings glass at crowfoot replace a window for me once.

Present
      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
      2003 VW Jetta GLI
      1992 VW Jetta GL
      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

damn dude

Comment

Qua:

Man, that's too bad..

When I got my new '82 Mazda 626, many, many years ago, it was broken into, in an open, ground level parking lot under my apt. bldg. They took some spare change, and my insurance and registration, which I had stored on the driver's visor.

That was the last time I left anything important to me, in my car, and I added a car alarm to the Mazda, and will have one on any car I own. I carry my insurance and registration in my wallet, and what inexpensive things I do keep in the car, are out of site in the glove compartment. When I go to a mall, the alarm is always on, and due to laziness, I usually leave the detachable stereo face plate on. When working O/T on the weekend, downtown, I take the face plate with me, and have the alarm on, as the car is in an above ground parkade.

As well, when I bought my Clifford alarm for my Jetta, many years ago, I also purchased a Clifford receiver, and the remote had 2 buttons-one for the alarm, and the other to open the garage door. This receiver I mount near the garage door opener motor, and the wires attach to the garage door receiver wire connections. It means my garage door opener is on my key chain, so I don't leave a garage door opener in the car as well. I now have a Compustar alarm, but still keep the Clifford remote on the key chain, to open the garage door. If we move, I disconnect the Clifford receiver, and then re-connect it to new garage door opener, and sync it to the opener. Works slick!! (but it was a $400 option, back in the late 80's!-total alarm price with receiver, around $800).

What happened to a co-worker--her husband's truck was broken into at an LRT station, he had the registration in the truck, along with the garage door opener. The crooks drove to their house, backed the truck into the garage, closed the garage door, busted open their locked door from the garage into the house, and took a lot of stuff, completely undetected.. Registration and door openers--bad combination!!

Bottom line-ever leave anything of value in your car, if possible--don't give the scumbags any more motivation to break into your prized possession..

I hope you get the back window fixed ok!! Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
            That licks man!

We use Cosmos glass. Very good glass installer.

Cosmos Glass Ltd
            417 53 Avenue SE, Calgary, AB T2H 2E7
            (403) 692-0606

I use them too. Great services and price reasonable.

Comment

Working...
            X