VAG-COM Version: Release 504.1-UD

Control Module Part Number: 038 906 012 BD
    Component and/or Version: 1,9l R4 EDC G400SG 2507
    Software Coding: 00002
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00066
    1 Fault Found:
    18065 - A/C System Input/Output: Short to Plus
    P1657 - 35-00 - -

No CEL, and no noticable problems at the moment, so i've just cleared it for now. If anyone knows what would trigger this, let me know.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: VAG code question

Originally posted by stefan
    hey all,
    im getting this vag code:

VAG-COM Version: Release 504.1-UD

Control Module Part Number: 038 906 012 BD
    Component and/or Version: 1,9l R4 EDC G400SG 2507
    Software Coding: 00002
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00066
    1 Fault Found:
    18065 - A/C System Input/Output: Short to Plus
    P1657 - 35-00 - -

No CEL, and no noticable problems at the moment, so i've just cleared it for now. If anyone knows what would trigger this, let me know.
    Stefan,

- You might have a short in the wiring or compressor clutch is seizing.
    - You may have noticed (more than normal) vehicle acceleration reduced, when air conditioner is switched on

Check,

- Air conditioner compressor cut-in, Output Diagnosis Test Mode
    If it doesn't kick in then you have to chase some wiring. Also check ALL of your fuses.
    - If it does kick in I would suspect a seizing a/c clutch.
    Last edited by VAG_Tech; 11-13-2005, 10:39 AM.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

thanks! i'll check it out
      Stefan
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

without checking, i'm thinking clutch. fuse or wiring i think would have caused a code again by now. I went driving and turned a/c off and on several times over about a 1/2 hour drive and couldnt cause it to trip again, and i could feel that the compressor was kicking in. Now that you mention it, i have noticed it bit more when a/c is turned on lately. What does such a thing cost to fix? and is there any merrit to being proactive? or just let it sieze and deal with it when it happens? (is the clutch siezing destructive to anything other then the parts that need to be replaced anyways?)
        Stefan
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

It may have been a "sporatic" fault. Sometimes sporatic faults or glitches happen. You know computers.. I would keep an eye on it. Check for wierd noises periodically and check faults too. The clutch may have just hung up for a second causing the fault.

Keep me informed. I like stuff like this.
          Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

Working...
          X