Weird Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Problem

My door ajar came on yesterday while driving and won't go off now?
    All the doors are shut tight?
    Also, when I start up and put my lights on the light for the temp control area does not come on for about 10 min or so?

Anyone come across this?
    Steve
    2002 Golf TDi
    Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Re: Weird Problem

Originally posted by TDi_Steve
    My door ajar came on yesterday while driving and won't go off now?
    All the doors are shut tight?
    Also, when I start up and put my lights on the light for the temp control area does not come on for about 10 min or so?

Anyone come across this?
    Sometimes door/ajar sensors can become stuck due to ice. Since it is wicked cold, I vote for this possiblity.

Not sure about the light problem, possibly a fuse or electrical short?
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yea i was thinking the cold thing too.. my trunk does it when its cold but as soon as i park in an underground lot or garage for a few hours its all fixed up once the moisture gets out

Comment

Werd. What they said.

As for the temp control light you have a loose bulb or the bulb is ready to crap the bed. I guess you'll find out when it stops working all together.
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

yea my heater controls light died too.. its funny how its 1 teeeeenie bulb for the whole setup

Comment

The lights are pretty fragile and are under $1 and 2 minutes of your time to fix yourself (I did mine a few weeks ago). See link here which includes illustrated pics and a few suggestions to make the job easy (I used some old aquarium tubing):

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=719392

Comment

Anybody seen how to do this on a MKIII?

Comment

Working...
              X