Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color matched caliper paint?

Is it possible to get this???

If so where in town can I get this done?

If not, what would be the best color to go with a Tornado Red Golf??

Re: Color matched caliper paint?

You don't need colour matched, trust me.....I did mine with plain old high temp paint, and they look great, and I have VERY open wheels....I'll have to look at what brand when I get home...PM me to remind me, I'm working nights tonite....Your calipers get dirty fast, and there are no contiguous panels to even compare colour with, they're just there....that makes close enough colour good enough
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Use "Tremclad Rust Paint". Its cheap at Home Depot or CDN Tire. I sprayed mine 3 years ago and havent had respray to since then.
      I have a tornado red Corrado, and it matched damn close, there is no way to tell that it is not the same color because it is shaded by your tires/wheels.

Comment

crap tire sells a kit for like 30 bucks.. i bought one 2 years ago and like 5 people in the club used it hahaha.. worked awesome

i need to do my brakes too.. maybe i'll buy another one

Comment

go to the stcker located in your trunk. You can get a paint code from there. i.e. L041. Stop by the parts department and say you would like to order a can of paint with this code. May take a week but you'll get paint that will match.
          Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

OK, I used "colourplace" brand brush on rust paint, colour is "Fire Red". comes in a small can, I think from canuck tire. I prefer brush on for calipers, you can get a good glossy coat on, and you don't have overspray everywhere.....
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

yea i think thats the one i had alex.. it was brush one.. small can but worked awesome

Comment

thanks guys for the info. I never thought that you could brush it on. That should be so much easier.

As far as prep goes, what did you guys do? I am thinking a wire brush attachment for my dremel should do the trick.

Comment

yup, or hand wire brush works too, you can get the small toothbrush sized ones at canadian tire cheap too...but yeah, brushing is the way to go...

Comment

tremclad rust paint! I put a coat of silver on mine last year, and they still clean up minty fresh and look great! I brushed on two coats when I changed my brake's!
                    1.8T
                    Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

I used one of the kits for brakes that you can buy. It said to wirebrush, spray with brake cleaner that was included in the kit and they wipe with a clean cloth. I then put like 3-4 coats of the paint on with an old BBQ brush. It was the only thing we had in the house because I bought the cheap foam brushes to do it and the paint was to thick and didn't work with the paint.

here is the color of what they look like the kit is made by folitech

It is kinda hard to see the brakes with my wheels
                        2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
                        1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
                        1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
                        Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Comment

ewww, you painted the pad and everything?

Comment

Working...
                          X