mk4 Jetta HID housings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk4 Jetta HID housings?

Ok, I know that there is a thread already for Golf HIDs but I just purchased the conversion kit for my Jetta and since the bulbs are longer than stock, they are unable to switch from low to high.

I've been searching around trying to figure out which housings would work, and I'm wondering if any other mk4 Jetta owners have experience with any of the manufacturers out there. Mainly the OEM or Helix in particular.

By the way, if anybody else is interested, my buddy own's his own shop and is trying to get more into the VW area of interest but in order to do so he would have to order in bulk from the suppliers. Anybody who might consider a group buy fire me an IM and i'll talk to my buddy to find out all the details. So far I think he needs a minimum of 5 units per purchase in order to become a supplier (number may change, i'll have to double check with him though).
    Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
    Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
    Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Re: mk4 Jetta HID housings?

I had a buddy put a conversion kit into his FK angel eye setup in his jetta about 2 weeks ago. But if I remember right he lost his high beams too :(
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RedMile04
      I had a buddy put a conversion kit into his FK angel eye setup in his jetta about 2 weeks ago. But if I remember right he lost his high beams too :(
      I was looking at the angel eye kit, but if it cuts off the high beam I guess i'm going to have to keep looking since I do a lot of travelling in the summer time and would like to have my high beams function.

Anybody have any experience with the OEM HID kit for Jetta's?
      Isaac

Comment

Once you have the OEM lights, it will be hard to drive a car without them, I don't have any experence with the aftermarket lights, but I do like my OEM lights.

Comment

I've got a set of the smoked FK projectors as well as some HIDs on order. Hoping to get them this week so I'll keep you posted.

Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Originally posted by VRado6
            I've got a set of the smoked FK projectors as well as some HIDs on order. Hoping to get them this week so I'll keep you posted.

Sweet. Thanks a lot. How much were just the projectors? if you don't mind me asking.
            Isaac

Comment

Originally posted by snipa_mini85
              Sweet. Thanks a lot. How much were just the projectors? if you don't mind me asking.
              $380 CDN shipped from germany.
              Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

I got my projectors yesterday and installed them today. I'm very impressed with them so far. They look great in person, epecially with the HIDs in them. I'll post more either tonite or tomorrow once I get to drive around with them at night a little.
                Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

So I finally got them all aimed right. Took me a little while as I've never aimed lights with projectors before. They are very deceptive when aiming because even though they may look realy low when you are up against a wall, they seem to be pointed at the sky once you get out onto the road. Anyhow, the light spread is quite good. Not as good as an OEM projector, but not too shabby for 1/3 the price. The cut-off is very sharp with a thick band of purple/blue at the top. It looks cool when you are driving and road signs light up blue with your cut-off. My only complaint so far is there is a long thin dead spot in the light projected by both projectors. It stops about 10ft in front of the car, but its there. I'm not sure if its due to the projector design, or because of the fact I'm using a REALLY cheap taiwanese HID kit.

Overall I'd give these lights the thumbs up. Sure they are not OEM fantasticness, but for a grand total of $530 CDN for both the lights and the HID kit including shipping for both, I'm certainly not complaining.
                  Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

So I finally got them all aimed right. Took me a little while as I've never aimed lights with projectors before. They are very deceptive when aiming because even though they may look realy low when you are up against a wall, they seem to be pointed at the sky once you get out onto the road. Anyhow, the light spread is quite good. Not as good as an OEM projector, but not too shabby for 1/3 the price. The cut-off is very sharp with a thick band of purple/blue at the top. It looks cool when you are driving and road signs light up blue with your cut-off. My only complaint so far is there is a long thin dead spot in the light projected by both projectors. It stops about 10ft in front of the car, but its there. I'm not sure if its due to the projector design, or because of the fact I'm using a REALLY cheap taiwanese HID kit.

Overall I'd give these lights the thumbs up. Sure they are not OEM fantasticness, but for a grand total of $530 CDN for both the lights and the HID kit including shipping for both, I'm certainly not complaining.
                    Good to hear that there are options to the OEM lights. Did you re-wire your highbeams to stay on with your low beams?

Comment

My only complaint so far is there is a long thin dead spot in the light projected by both projectors. It stops about 10ft in front of the car, but its there. I'm not sure if its due to the projector design, or because of the fact I'm using a REALLY cheap taiwanese HID kit.
                      It's because those are HALOGEN projectors, which are totally different design than HID projectors (from a TSX etc).

Mind posting a pic of the cutoff? Something like this:

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

So I finally got them all aimed right........ I'm not sure if its due to the projector design, or because of the fact I'm using a REALLY cheap taiwanese HID kit.

Which HID kit did you buy?
                        Isaac

Comment

Just a generic cheap one from ebay. You can get them for like $120 plus shipping.
                          Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Mike, you should have at least got the Helix replica OEM HID's
                            Tint sucks

Comment

I thought about it, but I just couldn't justify the price. Plus in all honesty I really like the look of the FKs.
                              Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Working...
                              X