Rear fender got scratched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear fender got scratched

So I went to wash my car last week. While washing it I noticed on the rear fender it looked like tar was speared on it. After getting closer I noticed it wasent tar and the actuall fiberglass under the paint (I cried a little inside). It looks like someone got so close to me that there tire scraped the rear fender enough to get through the paint. The worst part is that I have no idea when this happened and because I live in a condo so many idiots just steal other peoples parking spots to narrow it down.

So now im not sure what to do. Think I should take it to Loc at Cosmos to see how much it would cost to repaint that area. I would say its about a 2" wide and about 6"-7" long. Not that bad and it didnt dent or dig in to much to have to rplace the fender. By the way this is on a 2004 325ci convertible.

The one question I have is if its worth bringing up with the insurance company or will it just make things worse in the long run?

Re: Rear fender got scratched

one of my cars got keyed once when i used to work downtown and park behind sunlife. it was on my birthday too! man i was sad.

i went through insurance. $500 deductable i had at the time. my insurnace didn't go up, but they said i can't have any more claims like that for X more years. i forgot how many, or why. but i was younger then too, so i didn't ask any questions.

now days i just have to accept that 99% of the world are idiots. i considered keying other ppls cars who park close to me, since karma doesn't appear to have an affect on my polite parking habits.
    D.J.
    Turbo SVT Focus
    Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Re: Rear fender got scratched

Find some one who does micro paint repair. It would probably cost less than $100 to have it fixed. There is an actual MPS dealer but there is also one in Okotoks and Southport (DR Detail) who can do this work. They are way cheaper and quicker than body shops.
      Warren
      11 Audi S5

Comment

Working...
      X