Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has your paint seen better days?

Originally posted by ryukin2000 View Post
    From what i've read, if you're a beginner then a Dual action orbiter like the porter cable is safer. a more powerful Rotary buffer polishes/compounds much faster but also has the potential to instill holograms and even burn through your clear coat. a DA orbital wont ever give your holograms or burn your paint. i bought the PC and have only used it once. it was my first time too. it was a piece of cake. two step polish and it removed all my swirls nicely. lots of videos on how to use it. i wouldn't be afraid. its pretty safe.
    Mezerna polishing compounds....da best. Simple put. Get any polisher you want(you won't burn through paint unless your a meathead who leaves the pad in one spot for 15 minutes). Keep the pad moving use a cutting compound with an abrasive pad, after that use a finishing compound and pad and the paint will look incredible. Finish up with your wax/sealant and your NEW paint will look great and be protected. Remember, polish in room temp area. Heating the paint in the sun will only eat through clear faster. =) Enjoy that harq.
    Chris - TR 03' Wolfsburg

Comment

Working...
    X