Paintshop Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintshop Questions

So I'm looking to get my new front bumper as well as side skirts painted. I'm looking into getting them done at either Cosmos or Screamin so far. I've read the threads on here about how great of service Loc provides at Cosmos as well as their quality of work. But looking at some google reviews they're exactly opposite. Can anyone give me a little bit more light on this? I don't want to fork out more money to get a poor paint job re-painted again. Money isn't TOO much of an issue as long as the work is good. Any advice helps!

Thanks!
    2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Re: Paintshop Questions

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Stampede Collision. I have sent a lot of work there and time and time again it comes back perfect, any problems are taken care of before it even leaves.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

They did great work for me.
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

They also did great work on my gtr. Will probably end up going to get them to do my bumper as well. Great people to deal with.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

Sorry BaggedGLI, I ended up going to Cosmos. :P

Taking the car in on Monday! Hope all goes well.
          Last edited by JustinKYC; 07-12-2013, 09:54 AM.
          2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Comment

Cosmos does incredible work, however it takes some time...that was the only con, when they did my car.
            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
              Cosmos does incredible work, however it takes some time...that was the only con, when they did my car.
              Yea, they said its going to take about a week for paint and installing my new parts. :/ As long as its not two weeks and my car is perfect, I'm alright with it haha
              2011 CW MK6 GTI

Comment

Cosmos does very good work, it'll be well worth the wait! It look them about a week to fix my bumper back in February.
                Scott
                '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I think you just need to talk with them ahead of time let them know you are a car guy and what your expectations are.

Most people just want a fast fix for the best price . So by default that is what body shops try to provide.

If you want a little extra time and care put in, it costs a little extra money and you need to negotiate that into the job ahead of time.

The fact that the Cosmos lot is full of high end cars usually is good evidence that they do good work.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                    Cosmos does very good work, it'll be well worth the wait! It look them about a week to fix my bumper back in February.
                    I'm glad to hear! They're pretty pricey though. Didn't expect the price he gave me, even with a discount he gave since I'm from eurodrivers.

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                    I think you just need to talk with them ahead of time let them know you are a car guy and what your expectations are.

Most people just want a fast fix for the best price . So by default that is what body shops try to provide.

If you want a little extra time and care put in, it costs a little extra money and you need to negotiate that into the job ahead of time.

The fact that the Cosmos lot is full of high end cars usually is good evidence that they do good work.
                    Exactly. I talked to Loc and I'm pretty sure he understands what kind of expectations I have. He kept on telling me the job will be flawless and you can tell all your ED buddies to check it over haha.
                    2011 CW MK6 GTI

Comment

Working...
                    X