Tunedub strikes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunedub strikes again!

Had 2.. yes 2 front CV boots replaced by George today.. the S4 loves to eat them more than I love eating steak i swear.. oh well.. good for 1 year again i hope hahaha

thanks for the great service!

Re: Tunedub strikes again!

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
    Had 2.. yes 2 front CV boots replaced by George today.. the S4 loves to eat them more than I love eating steak i swear.. oh well.. good for 1 year again i hope hahaha

thanks for the great service!
    why don't you try a neoprene boot or a better quality rubber.
    no reason to replace a cv boot every year,it's rotational and the only wear and tear is the outside enviroment.

if you buy those cheap cv boots they are not graded for grease and they break down rapidly.

they should last at least 3 years if not more.
    pay the extra for a better quality,it does outweigh the labor.

Comment

no for sure paul... ask any of the S4 guys.. these cars tear boots like mad..
      i know jordan's stage 3 he put on brand new axles/boots.. launched once and tore both of them open!

if you have any suggestions of a boot replacement can you send it my way and i gladly put those on once these tear

Comment

Hell my A4 ate boots as well only 1 so far on the S4 but i have only driven it 10k so probably at least 2 coming up this summer.
        2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
        2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
        2001 Audi A4 - RIP
        2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
        2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
        2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
        1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
        2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

yep.. i done 1 axle now.. my fault for being lazy when the OG boot tore and the joint dried up on me.
          oddly it ran 3 years with 0 issues and on my 4th year of ownership is when it started so my raxles axle boot cracked and that was replaced yesterday before it did tear (axle was put on last summer) and then the OG boot tore (4 years on it which is good)

i'm almost tempted to buy some axles from JHM and then keep them as spares and then when my boots tear again put on new axles and then rebuild/new boot the bad ones myself and those become spares ahhaha.. i don't think the issues is THAT bad tho

Comment

Originally posted by RSS View Post
            Hell my A4 ate boots as well only 1 so far on the S4 but i have only driven it 10k so probably at least 2 coming up this summer.
            If it's the joint yeah,i can believe that.
            but the boot is just a shield no rotational force.. no reason the boot should split in a year unless the joint let go.

Comment

I don't know why but they just do and i have never had any problems with my joints clicking or anything never replaced the axles always just the boots.

No notice just a really gross looking rim.
              2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
              2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
              2001 Audi A4 - RIP
              2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
              2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
              2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
              1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
              2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

haha yep! looks like someone power poo'd onto my wheel right now

Comment

Hey guys,

new to forum here,cool site.

I would agree with the poor quality comment,the only boots i've seen go are either really old or new ones leaking from the clamp itself(seen that one a few times lately and they were the bargain brand).if it was a rotational force thing i'm sure your axle would have come apart at the same time,there's no flex rotationaly,i think they may be poor quality...imo.

Comment

Working...
                  X