Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutting out Downpipes

hey guys,

wondering if you guys knew of anyone in the city that would hollow/gut out my downpipes on my rs4

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Re: Gutting out Downpipes

A nice catback just popped up on the forum, may want to check that out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yea i messaged em! still wanna gut out the DPS though :P
      Last edited by skhan91; 02-10-2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

They loose? I could gut them
        Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

they are completely stock still. i could bring it by if you wanna take a look? would definitely have to come off the car

Comment

So you need me to take them off?
            Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Get a drill and a spade bit and go to down. It's not rocket science

Pat

His
              1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
              1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
              1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
              2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
              Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

I could be mistaken, but I think Derek (Ginch) has a set of these. Would save you the effort, and you'd have a set of stock ones should you decide to sell the car.

Comment

It might make more sense to cut out the cat and go sell it.... they are worth some decent money.

There have actually been a number of cat thefts recently in the city.. people crawling under trucks and cutting them off in the street/parking lot. Some cats can get several hundred at the right recycling shop.

Comment

I do not see the benefit of gutting cats, unless there is something wrong with them. They are most likely not not causing much in the way of back pressure.
                    Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

they have a huge impact on the performance of the car apparently. many RS4 owners on audizine have reported gains with just gutting these out or getting aftermarket DPs

i ll message GINCH though! would be sweet if he has these

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
                        So you need me to take them off?
                        yea if you could? i have limited space and i daily the car

Comment

Originally posted by toplessvw View Post
                          I do not see the benefit of gutting cats, unless there is something wrong with them. They are most likely not not causing much in the way of back pressure.
                          Have you seen the inside of a cat? It's significantly more restrictive than the rest of an exhaust system.

If you daily the car just buy catless downpipes and get them swapped at a shop.

Pat

His
                          1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                          1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                          1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                          2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                          Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
                            Have you seen the inside of a cat? It's significantly more restrictive than the rest of an exhaust system.

If you daily the car just buy catless downpipes and get them swapped at a shop.
                            that was my other option. Catless aftermarket DPs are pretty expensive for the RS4 ($1000ish). JHM sells "piggies" which are essentially just hollowed out OEM DPs but even those come out to be about $700 CAD to the door.

Comment

lol ya cats are pretty god damn restrictive I'd say
                              Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Working...
                              X