Lower Tie Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Tie Bar

I had a lower tie bar installed a few weeks ago by recommendation from Paul at PG. I have been running for a while and really not being convinced of the benefit. However a loud creaking has been getting louder and I realised that one of the bolts was not as tight as it should be. After fixing that (a long story in itself) the difference in stiffness is definately noticable. Just reversing over the usual back alley slopes and gradients showed much less in-cabin squeaks and rattles; and I dont even have really stiff front suspension. Front end grip is a little better on the edge too. My guess is that those with race springs/ coil overs on the front will notice the improvements even more.
    EU Tuning
    European Performance Products
    www.eutuning.ca
    slomas@upsolute.com

Re: Lower Tie Bar

Originally posted by Boy Racer
    one of the bolts was not as tight as it should be.
    Did you use the same torque wrench Deuce used? Now is that bar the one that just looks like a round bar with flattened edges that goes under the skidplate? I have seen them before on the diesel geek site but never heard much about how they help, happen to have a price on them?
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Retail is $175, I can do some off for club members of course. It is an autotech steel bar, very strong and will no doubt help to keep that TDi sump off the ground too!

Originally posted by Stonewall
      Did you use the same torque wrench Deuce used? Now is that bar the one that just looks like a round bar with flattened edges that goes under the skidplate? I have seen them before on the diesel geek site but never heard much about how they help, happen to have a price on them?
      EU Tuning
      www.eutuning.ca
      slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Retail is $175, I can do some off for club members of course. It is an autotech steel bar, very strong and will no doubt help to keep that TDi sump off the ground too!
        Is there one for the Jetta?
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

It fits all MK4s
          EU Tuning
          www.eutuning.ca
          slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

It fits all MK4s
            Aha all you need to do is install something new on your own car every couple of weeks, and the rest of us will be clamouring for one But I am defintiely interested if you say it makes a difference, especially in the cabin creaks and so forth. Body stiffness = good. We'll see when I get back, once my reimbursement cheque comes in I was gonna order some stuff from ya anyhow.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Simon, how much for club guys?
              I'm interested
              Steve
              2002 Golf TDi
              Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Comment

Do you also have a strut tower bar installed? Our cars are new enough to not need the reinforcement, but anything that helps reduce the creaks is good enough for me.

Khyron
                Geoff
                Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                  Do you also have a strut tower bar installed? Our cars are new enough to not need the reinforcement, but anything that helps reduce the creaks is good enough for me.

Khyron
                  I dont have a strut tower bar as I am only allowed to tie one pair of suspension mounts per front and rear of car in the class I compete in.
                  EU Tuning
                  www.eutuning.ca
                  slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Working...
                  X