What chip to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What chip to get?

Just wondering whats the best chip to purchase for a 2004 1.8t jetta?? And how much hp etc will I be getting?
    Kenny

Re: What chip to get?

get an ebay chip and turbonator mega power and its cheap too!
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I would personally recommend the APR set-up from C1. I have had it for a while now with absolutely no problems. As for horsepower, you should see an increase of about 20-25 to the wheels, which should have you sitting somewhere around 190. The only thing that I recommend with the APR set-up is an N75J valve and possibly a DV. I have both and as a result, have little to no surging. Oh, and the DV sounds awesome too!

I am sure that someone on here can fill you in on the benefits of the Upsolute chip from EU Tuning, but I have no personal experience with it.

I believe because we live in Calgary, these are really our only two options. Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

Hope that helps a bit
      Last edited by Smarty39; 05-20-2005, 07:26 AM.
      Kyle
      2000 Audi S4

Comment

Well I would say that the UPsolute chip from EU Tuning is the way to go. The gains will be very similar to most chips but the difference will be in Simon's personalized and excellent service that will continue as long as you have the car and the UPsolute will save you several bucks compared to the other options. Just my thoughts.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
          Well I would say that the UPsolute chip from EU Tuning is the way to go. The gains will be very similar to most chips but the difference will be in Simon's personalized and excellent service that will continue as long as you have the car and the UPsolute will save you several bucks compared to the other options. Just my thoughts.
          exactly, i don't have a 1.8 myself but when i got my car chipped by simon the customer service, i guess thats what you could call it was great. he explanned what he was doing, and how it would increase power, he did a great job. It didn't take hours either like it would at other shops, great product for a great price.

Comment

Thanks for the advice on chips looks like upsolutes the way to go!
            Kenny

Comment

Upsolute.....I love mine!
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

notice a big increase in speed and accel?
                Kenny

Comment

Yes, but I also have nearly all the bolt on's too....
                  2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                  2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                  2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
                  X