H&R Race Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&R Race Springs

Just wanted to say thanks to Simon for hooking me up with some springs for the GLI. Ride height is a thousand times better, and I am sure it'll handle better as well. Next up is a rear sway bar, hopefully withing the next couple weeks. I'll post pics when I get home.
    Last edited by Smarty39; 06-09-2005, 10:30 AM.
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Re: H&R Race Springs

sweet kyle! i hope stock struts/shocks can handle them..

Comment

Yea, me too! But both Simon and Dave seem to think that they will be more than okay.
      Kyle
      2000 Audi S4

Comment

yea they are alot beefier than normal stock suspension so hopefully it works well.. otherwise you'll be needing some bilsteins

Comment

Stock dampers w/aft.mkt. springs.

Been there, done that. My lesson learned.

It might be a good combo if VW offer a similar spring-rate with their stock equipped cars. Which doesn’t exist.

Hmm... Only GTI R32 does with Bilstein and H&R.

Comment

I would think a GLI would still be better then stock, but hey only time will tell!!
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

From what I have read and heard, I should be fine with the stock dampers. But like Blair said, only time will tell. There are plenty of people on vortex that have had the aftermarket springs with the stock suspension for well over a year now with no problems. That is not to say that something bad can't happen to me though, I'll just keep my fingers crossed! If worst comes to worst, I'll just have to dive into the bank account a little more!
              Kyle
              2000 Audi S4

Comment

Trust me, you will be fine. There is a big difference between even the "sports" suspension and the GLi. Forget about the prophesised possibilities and enjoy
                EU Tuning
                European Performance Products
                www.eutuning.ca
                slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Oh yeh, you'll be more than fine. Get that rear sway bar and you'll be rockin!! I bet it will handle like it's on rails!

Looking sweet BTW!
                  Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                  You dig sucka?!

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Definately makes me feel better about the setup.
                    Kyle
                    2000 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
                    X