tried out urban expressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tried out urban expressions

Well last year I managed to hit one of those curb stop (for parking lots) hidden in the snow on metis trail.
    It ended up putting a gash in the brand new tire and wrecking a rim.

I needed a tire, and of course Alberta was still sold out of federal himalayas ws2, 1010tires where I had ordered from was also sold out.

Went to see Bob @ urban, he was able to get me a tire out of Regina ,
    so I paid in full that day(transaction posted Dec. 24th on CC bill), and was expecting the tire the following monday.

didn't get a call, so I thought I must have heard wrong, gave them another week.

Well last week I finally decided to call to see if the tire was in yet...(no), it will be in on Monday...(guess I should have asked which monday it would get in)

today Jan 14, I finally get a call that the tire is in.

Turns out tire did not get ordered until I followed up on it last week, at least his guys didn't give me some bullsiht story/excuse about why it took so long.
    put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Re: tried out urban expressions

Originally posted by Satnam View Post
    Well last year I managed to hit one of those curb stop (for parking lots) hidden in the snow on metis trail.
    It ended up putting a gash in the brand new tire and wrecking a rim.

I needed a tire, and of course Alberta was still sold out of federal himalayas ws2, 1010tires where I had ordered from was also sold out.

Went to see Bob @ urban, he was able to get me a tire out of Regina ,
    so I paid in full that day(transaction posted Dec. 24th on CC bill), and was expecting the tire the following monday.

didn't get a call, so I thought I must have heard wrong, gave them another week.

Well last week I finally decided to call to see if the tire was in yet...(no), it will be in on Monday...(guess I should have asked which monday it would get in)

today Jan 14, I finally get a call that the tire is in.

Turns out tire did not get ordered until I followed up on it last week, at least his guys didn't give me some bullsiht story/excuse about why it took so long.
    don't let this stop you from using ue again! i went in for just a tire change and whatnot, the guys there are rad, do what they do well, and i know bob will fix his mistake!

Comment

Hey Satnam,

I thought I would just let you know I am sorry for the confusion on that whole deal. Things always get whacky around christmas with the extra holidays and closed hours. I am not one to ever try to pass the buck and own up to my mistakes, but I just want you to know I did order that tire while you were here with me across the counter and had you wait before I took your money to confirm it was all underway because I knew I would be away on holidays by the time it would be in (I was away until Jan 16th with my family out of country). Unfortunately, over the day of christmas and boxing day, the distributor itself forgot to submit the order for shipping.

Now where we failed you was my issue taking it for granted that the distributor did as was asked and forgetting to let Lorne know of the transaction so he could follow up on it when the tire didn't show on time, and for that I truely do apologise. I know we are not perfect and make mistakes now and then just like anyone else, but we do own up to them and fix them as best we can when they unfortunately do happen...

If you do hopefully give us another shot one day, I will try to make up the extra time and hassles to you with some extra deals!
      sigpic
      Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
      Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
      Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
      888.769.1772 Toll Free
      403.769.1771 tel
      403.769.1773 fax
      bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Last year, I also tried Urban Expressions...
        They definitely won my vote.
        Exceptionally brilliant price, efficiency, service & hospitality.

They will take really good care of you.
        | There is no replacement for Displacement | Go Big or Go Home |

Comment

Thanks for the followup Bob, I thought you had ordered the tire too. I guess your guy decided to own up to you supplier's mistake unknowingly, which was good of him too.

Satnam
          put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

I can vouch for Urban Expressions as well.

Top notch in every regard, honesty goes a LONG way in my books.

Music to permeate your soul …
            Jayson
            MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

If they didn't have my business already.. they would now.

Comment

Anyone in the automotive service/parts world knows that there is only so much one person can do (he/she who deals directly with the customer) and in the end, are at the mercy of the vendors that they order from. I have dealt with UE many times for my personal needs, as well as for family and my own customers and I can vouch that they are better than 99% of the places out there. From pricing, to customer service, to the overall atmosphere in the shop, they do the best job available - Try getting that level of service from a dealer or "big shop". Not gonna happen!!!!.
                MIKE

'89 Jetta coupe - project
                '98 GMC sierra - radest truck ever
                '05 Mustang Gt - F*%king mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by Kunu View Post
                  Anyone in the automotive service/parts world knows that there is only so much one person can do (he/she who deals directly with the customer) and in the end, are at the mercy of the vendors that they order from. I have dealt with UE many times for my personal needs, as well as for family and my own customers and I can vouch that they are better than 99% of the places out there. From pricing, to customer service, to the overall atmosphere in the shop, they do the best job available - Try getting that level of service from a dealer or "big shop". Not gonna happen!!!!.
                  Is it that slow down there Mike...? Serious this is from January.

Pick up your damn phone also.

Hi Bob, my Ronals are better than all of Mikes wheels put together.

Comment

BOB is a great guy.. Never any problems... Urban Expressions is the best tire shop i have ever been to...

mistakes happen/// it could be worse...
                    12 VW Golf
                    09 BMW 135i
                    07 MKV GTI
                    03 Jetta GLI
                    01 Jetta GLS
                    90 Jetta GL

Comment

Working...
                    X