Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urban Expressions SE Is Open For Business!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urban Expressions SE Is Open For Business!!!

yea me too.. is the NE shop still open too? i can just drop them off and pick them up on my way home from work..

i don't want kal tire scratching my wheels

Comment

Stop by there the other day.. ordered up some new wheels. Gary was great. looking forward to doing more business with them.
      James
      mk4 wagon

Comment

Thanks for the great service experience guys! Wheels are perfectly balanced and cured of the high speed shimmy. I highly recommend Cort and Gary!
        Rahul
        dubberz.com

Comment

hey bob
          do u have a website to look at whats available? im out of town looking for a wheel tire combo in 20 or 22s for touareg.
          thx
          Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

Originally posted by Silverfire View Post
            hey bob
            do u have a website to look at whats available? im out of town looking for a wheel tire combo in 20 or 22s for touareg.
            thx
            Sorry man... We just don't have the time or energy to develop and maintain a professional website. Takes everything we have just to stay on top of the business in house! lol
            sigpic
            Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
            Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
            Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
            888.769.1772 Toll Free
            403.769.1771 tel
            403.769.1773 fax
            bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

www.tirerack.com

You want tires, nobody in the city can beat the price this website offers, I priced out a set of KUHMO tires 2 X 235-35 fronts and 2 X 265-30 rears delivered to my doorstep was $942.00 ..... blaskin and lane as well as urban expressions could not break the $1000.00 marker... If I remember they both quoted around $1200.00 bucks, and tire rack had my tires to me in 2 days....... 2 freakin days
              2004 AUDI A4, K04 TURBO, APR TUNE, APR TIP, APR DV, JHM short shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by Burger View Post
                www.tirerack.com

You want tires, nobody in the city can beat the price this website offers, I priced out a set of KUHMO tires 2 X 235-35 fronts and 2 X 265-30 rears delivered to my doorstep was $942.00 ..... blaskin and lane as well as urban expressions could not break the $1000.00 marker... If I remember they both quoted around $1200.00 bucks, and tire rack had my tires to me in 2 days....... 2 freakin days
                When is the last time Tirerack did anything for the scene? Even if you did get a better price why would come on here and bash local business? Bob is always there to help out, if you need a balance, your winters switch off and quite often I have heard of how Bob had the best deals. Tires shops get their prices based on quantity of sales, Tirerack sells 1000's of tires a week; Bob doesn't and he can't match every brand and price tirerack has. I do however know a lot of people that have gotten the best possible deal on tires when dealing with Urban X.
                Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

And what if one of the tires you bought is bad, what do you do now warranty? last time I heard there was none. Im sure you'll pay a little more when it comes to buying in town but you get a better feeling when its from someone you know and trust and deal with every year.
                  Last edited by Disturbo; 05-05-2010, 01:10 AM.
                  EURODYNE
                  01 Gti awd 2L 20V HTA3582 11.4@124 best mph 128.25
                  04 R32T 6266
                  Tow machine 2011 F350 DRW 6.7

Comment

Thanks for the back up guys! lol

Look... No I cannot say I can beat Tirerack on every single set of tires. It is impossible to be the cheapest on everything, but as pointed out, they are differences in the value over and beyond simply the price of the tires you are buying. We are here for you when you have any issues... We have nothing but the absolute, very best equipment on the market to make sure that your work is done as best as possible, and if it isn't we are there to fix it. We also provide deals on labour to people who buy their tires off of us, which over the course of the life of your tires can save you a lot more than the $200.00 (before install) you may have saved initially ordering your tires out of the U.S.

And in the end, the amount you save in the U.S. online is not always substantial. I am frequently told by many of my customers that it works out close or even cheaper through me by the time everything is installed, balanced etc, and if the saving are not huge, you are doing a lot for the local scene and your own country buy buying locally as the money stays in your own economy. Any of my customers who know me know that I am the first person to admit that I may not be the cheapest, and nor do I want to be... I am more concerned with being the best at what I do as opposed to solely how cheap I am...
                    Last edited by tirebob; 05-05-2010, 08:12 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
                    Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
                    888.769.1772 Toll Free
                    403.769.1771 tel
                    403.769.1773 fax
                    bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

www.tirerack.com

you just failed.
                      Last edited by longsock; 05-05-2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

www.tirerack.com

Whatcha gonna do when one needs to be replaced or goes flat?
                        Ill tell you right now that word gets around fast and sooner than later nobody will be willing to help you out locally.
                        Certified 3m installer
                        jwukovits@me.com
                        1-403-988-9012
                        Instagram @Protectit
                        I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
                        2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
                        2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

You need to settle down, that post wasn't a bash, it was a post to help other people out that may wanna save 300-400 bucks on their tires. When you go out to buy a turbo or a mod for your car do you try and find the best price? I know I do. Business is business, and my post will help more people than it will hurt I'm sure, so who is doing more for the "scene" in that regard?
                          2004 AUDI A4, K04 TURBO, APR TUNE, APR TIP, APR DV, JHM short shifter.

Comment

You need to settle down, that post wasn't a bash, it was a post to help other people out that may wanna save 300-400 bucks on their tires. When you go out to buy a turbo or a mod for your car do you try and find the best price? I know I do. Business is business, and my post will help more people than it will hurt I'm sure, so who is doing more for the "scene" in that regard?

Go kick rocks.
                            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Ok I think we have had enough talk on this, please keep this thread on topic from now on please.
                              Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                                Ok I think we have had enough talk on this, please keep this thread on topic from now on please.
                                Hey everyone... Just want to say That while I appreciate everyones defense, I didn't take offense personally to his post, but because it was posted the way it was, I also feel the need to justify why I feel we are worth a bit of extra money on some goods.

As for Burger saying he didn't bash me, I agree that it wasn't "techinically" a bash. I do however, feel it inappropriate to go into a sponsors new thread announcing the opening of his new business and then have someone essentially telling people to shop elsewhere. If someone was posting a new thread asking where to buy tires, or if he wanted to start his own thread expressing his experience with tirerack, that is totally cool, but the method of his post is what generated a bit of civil unrest IMHO....

Sorry Blair... Not trying to start any drama in the least. if anything I am trying to defuse it, but I hope it is still considered safe to defend oneself in a polite and mature manner, which is hopefully what I have done...
                                sigpic
                                Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
                                Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
                                888.769.1772 Toll Free
                                403.769.1771 tel
                                403.769.1773 fax
                                bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X