need rims :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need rims :)

hey i just got a new vw golf vr6 gti and i was wondering wat kinda of rims and tires i should get any suggestions?

thank you

Re: need rims

Depends on a lot of things like your budget, what else you plan on doing to the car, personal preferences, car color, etc.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Maybe post a pic of your car. Current suspension setup might also factor in addition to Kor's comments. With stock suspension you're looking at 17" or exaggerating your wheel gap.
      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
      hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
      sigpic

Comment

i will post a pic but its at the shop getting certified. my car is black and i was thinking about doing red rims or black rims with a red trim. im looking to spend like 500$ on rims and tires soo what do you think i should do?

Comment

For 500 bucks for rims and tires you should look at buying used. It's just a suggestion.
          2010 Golf

Comment

yeaaa i was looking to buy used rims and tires what company of rims are European styled? and i want to make my car very European so what are the top companies to buy from?

Comment

sorry bud, your not going to find any euro style wheels and tires for $500 unless you find a trashed set that you are going to be repair/refinishing.......
              Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
                sorry bud, your not going to find any euro style wheels and tires for $500 unless you find a trashed set that you are going to be repair/refinishing.......
                x2. If you really like the car and want it to look good and euro styled, wait a while, save up the money and buy some proper wheels. you're probably gonna be looking at around 1000-2000 bucks for a nice set of wheels and tires, and thats still used. $1000 is you find a REALLY good deal.
                Patryk
                Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                08 VW .:R32
                04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Well if you are on a budget I would personally look at some OEM used options, a set of 16" or 17" VW or TT wheels can look pretty nice on a MK3 GTI, with out spending crazy amounts of money. Only issue is tires sizes usually need to be changed so you might have trouble there.
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Not much to say that hasn't been said. Your budget is probably not big enough even on the used market... Save up a little more and keep your eyes open for a deal on an OEM wheel, a used replica wheel, or a wheel that you can get repaired and/or refinished.

Another idea is to get some really nice steelies and get them finished with a nice powdercoat. Rocking the steel wheel look isn't so bad.

Avoid multi-drilled wheels (drilled for many different sizes). Make sure you are getting the right offset.

You will want to watch the vwvortex classifieds, not to many wheels come up on here. Maybe you could luck out on Beyond as well and find something. You can get some good deals on domestic (e.g. GM) wheels that are 5x100 sometimes.

These may actually fit, maybe someone else can chime in? SRT4 wheels but the pattern is pretty good.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/290014/fs-17quot-rims-5x100/

Also found these

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/299396/fs...et-rims-5x100/

Only searched beyond for 5 seconds.

Borbet is a decent brand, you may want different tires. Not sure also if 16" is what you want or 17".
                    Last edited by Kor; 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

thanks boys i will save up money for a set

i was thinking OEM or BBS

ill be back if i have more questions

Comment

Working...
                      X