Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel & Tire Road Hazzard Insurance Available Now!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel & Tire Road Hazzard Insurance Available Now!!!

Hey Everyone!

As everyone in this city is aware, our roads are full of potholes, half completed road repairs, construction debris etc, and it sometimes seems a daily occurrence for us to receive calls from customers who have hit something, damaging a wheel or tire that needs to be replaced. The costs of repairing or replacing these damaged wheels and tires can easily be in the multiple hundreds, or even thousands of dollars! I am sure many of you have experienced this exact thing...

Well Urban X is happy to say that both of our stores have now signed on with a solid, reputable company to provide our valued customers with an optional, effective insurance plan to protect your tires and/or wheels against unexpected road hazard damage caused from things such as potholes, nails, road debris, asphalt cuts etc!!!

THIS POLICY DOES NOT REQUIRE THE PURCHASE OF NEW WHEELS & TIRES AND CAN BE PURCHASED AT ANY POINT IN TIME!!!

The policy is very cost effective for what it provides, has zero deductible on claims, and is absolutely NOT pro-rated with wear or time. Claims can be handled directly though our locations without having to put any money up front for any necessary repair or replacement, or if you are somewhere else and cannot get to our locations, you can pay for the replacement and be reimbursed later by the insurance company at your convenience. Not only are you covered for the the cost of either repairing or replacing the damaged tire/wheel, but if you end up stuck, you also have towing and road service coverage as well as lodging and food reimburment! Another great component of this policy is that it covers not just one set of wheels and tires, but any set of wheels and tires on your vehicle. If you switch between summer and winter wheels and tires, you're covered. If you sell your old wheels and install new ones, you do not require a new policy... You are putting the policy on the vehicle, not the specific set of rims and tires!

The policy is available in 1, 3, 4 or 5 year increments. Rates begin from $99.00 for a tire only single year policy and $149.00 for a single year wheel & tire policy, but the costs per year will drop dramatically on the multi-year policies. There is a maximum aggregate of $3000.00 total for any term, but the awesome thing is that you will not be stuck with only partial coverage because the only tire you were able to find for replacement was $400.00 (for example) because the only guy who had it knows that he has the only one and charged full retail list price, while the tire is normally sold for only $300.00. The insurance company will pay you back at whatever the cost is up to the full retail list price! Same goes for wheel replacement or repair. You are covered with no deductible nor being pro-rated for wear, so long as your tires are better than 3/32 of an inch of remaining treadwear. You also will still have full coverage on any goods that were repaired or replaced under this coverage up to the total aggregate value...

The only requirement to participate in this program is that all wheels and tires need to be inflated with with nitrogen to be covered by this policy. The process to exchange and purify the air into nitrogen takes about 1/2 hour to do and will be included for no extra charge for the set of wheels/tires on your vehicle at the time of activation of your policy. The benefits of running pure nitrogen are noted to be wide and varied, but the most noticeable effects to the average consumer are due to the fact the the pressure in your tires will not fluctuate with temperature to the same degree as standard compressed air, which means that issues with tire pressure monitoring systems giving false warning on very cold days will be virtually eliminated. The fact that nitrogen molecules are larger than oxygen molecules also means that your tires will not bleed off air through permeation over time, which means more consistent pressures without having to regularly top up your tires. This translates into improved fuel economy, improved tire life, and a dramatic reduction in tire failures due to running too low tire pressures at high speeds...

All in all, it is a very comprehensive plan for those of you who want to know that they have protection when they need it for there valuable tire/wheel purchases. If anyone is interested, or has any questions, please contact either of our stores and we would be extremely happy to help!
    Last edited by tirebob; 01-11-2011, 03:50 PM.
    sigpic
    Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
    Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
    Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
    888.769.1772 Toll Free
    403.769.1771 tel
    403.769.1773 fax
    bob@urbanexp.ca

Re: Wheel & Tire Road Hazzard Insurance Available Now!!!

May be interested in this come spring.

1. How do I know that this company will be around in 2 or 3 years?

2. My wheel make/model is no longer produced. Lets say one breaks in half on a pothole. What happens? How much money would I be able to claim?

3. As I understand it the maximum claim per year is $3000? If I blow out 2 wheels and tires that may not cover it. :(
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

$3000.00 is the total aggregrate value allowable for the entire length of the policy. While this may not be a massive amount for those that have $1500.00 per rim wheels, it is more than enough for the majority who have rims in the $300.00 per wheel range. If the entire amount was to get eaten up early, you would be well ahead of the game with the very low cost of the policy. At that point you could also elect to re=purchase a new policy to cover you again for any future damages. Understand very few companies allow policies for low profile, ultra high performance rims and tires as these are goods that take a lot of abuse, so the way they can make it work and keep the purchase cost low is by having that aggregrate cap to recoverable value.

In regards to discontinued items that require replacement and not repair, only the damaged goods would be valued. My understanding is the discontinued, damaged item would be replaced at last known retail value (not clearance pricing or anything like that), but the other non-damaged items would be your responsibility...

As for the company, I wish there was some sort of personal guarantee I could give you, but alas I am just a lowly tire guy, but I can tell you that the company has been around for a long time and has been dealing with all the huge car dealerships for years. A very good friend of my is a territory rep for them and he would not hitch is horse to a company without a track record. He actually used to sell their policies for years while in the dealership business. I do not want to publish the company name on live forums for agreements with other dealers, but I am more than happy to give you the company info in person.

Hope that helps answer the questions a bit better...
      sigpic
      Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
      Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
      888.769.1772 Toll Free
      403.769.1771 tel
      403.769.1773 fax
      bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

How would it work with guys with quattro? You blow one tire and they tell you that you need to replace all four tires because of the drive train...would the cost of all four be covered, or just the damaged one?
        -Mike

Comment

Only damaged goods get replaced. There is no way the costs of providing an aftermarket policy like this would not be feasable if you had to replace 4 tires every single time someone damaged a single tire. If they did it for all wheel drives, they would have to for 2 wheels drives as well or it would cause a shitstorm in lawsuits because that would not be fair (assuming the policy purchase cost would be the same for both vehicles, which it is). Now if you damaged all 4 tires at the same time (say you were doing 110kmh on deerfoot and hit some big cut in the road, or ran over thousands of screws that were a box full that fell out of a drywallers work truck) all 4 would be covered, but they won't replace undamaged products...The warranty can be purchased for tires only for a slightly reduced cost, but the reality is most people are buying it for the wheels, and those don't need to be replaced 4 at a time, not matter the vehicle, unless all were damaged of course, and then there is coverage...
          sigpic
          Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
          Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
          888.769.1772 Toll Free
          403.769.1771 tel
          403.769.1773 fax
          bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Working...
          X