No announcement yet.

Need some Summers for the family wagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Summers for the family wagon.

My summer rims came in from Rotiform and now I need some tires. 225/35/19 is the size and Im wondering what tire would be recommended to buy. I drive a b6 passat wagon, so I dont need any tires designed for auto-x etc but I do like to take my corners fast. Previous tires Ive used before are Fuzion ZRI(?), Kumho MX-ecsta. I didnt like the Fuzion tires and Kumho doesnt make the mx's anymore. I really like the agressive lines of the toyo t1r's, and flaken 452's. Any suggestions about what tires I should consider for the family hauler would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need some Summers for the family wagon.

i have almost new toyos but they are 255... will they fit? if your rim is 8.5" they will
    Last edited by bart; 01-07-2012, 06:07 PM.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I plan to lower the car with just an H&R touring cup kit(1.2 front and 1.5 rear), and doing some research on different forums says to go with a 225 with tire. The rims are 8.5 wide, wouldnt a 255 be to wide? 255 seems to me to fit a 10" rim.

Comment

255 is pretty wide on a 8.5 yes, stock size on an 8.5 is 245 i think

Pat

His
        1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
        1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
        1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
        2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
        Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Nitto NT555
          --
          Rod
          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I would consider something in the range of 225/35 on a 8.5 cause my guess is that you went with +35 as your offset. A 235 might even rub in the front on bumps

Comment

the new S4's have 8.5" and come with 255 tires, i have put 265's on 8.5" before

however if you are lowering a lot and if things start rubbing you will want narrower tires so you can stretch them

225's came on 337 and 20th GTI's which had 7.5" wide wheels, i ran 225's on my 8" OZ's

anyway there is lots of overlap with what width tire you can put on what width rim, you have to pick something that will work best big picture, more importantly you should make sure the overall diameter is the same as stock, so doing a 255/35 might make your speedo read slow, play with this: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

i'm guessing if you put on a 225/35 its 0.5% too fast and if you use a 235/35 its 0.5% too slow the speedo reading
              Last edited by bart; 01-08-2012, 04:55 PM.
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention that the offset of the rims are +45

Comment

Working...
                X