• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lars
    replied
    Re: New tires from TireBob!

Originally posted by 337_gti View Post
    I need 4 215/40/18 how. Do I get a hold of tire bob ?
    (403) 769-1771 - urban x north

Leave a comment:

• BaggedGLI
    replied

We do tires too at Calgary Autoworks!

Leave a comment:

• Danaldson
    replied
    New tires from TireBob!

Originally posted by 337_gti View Post
    I don't think he's On here too much anymore. Give him a call at urban x. The north location.

South location is great to deal with too
    Last edited by Danaldson; 07-25-2014, 06:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 337_gti
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fizzo20
    replied

Got a set of studded Hakka 5's and they would not slip today! Tried e-brake drifting, and still barely slid. Also has great traction when hard accelerating in 2nd gear on super slushy streets. These things are AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• popp
    replied

i took the bedington offramp onto deerfoot today at 130km....... Studded Hakk 7's FTMFW!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• asp gti
    replied

the brand new himalayas without studs are great for me so far! I was testing out the limits last night and they wanted to grip like crazy, very little sliding, even from speed and them slamming on the breaks.

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied

I have some Nokian Studs on the jetta and this is my third year with them. Wouldn't do a winter without them again, they are awesome.

The jeep I ended up putting on some General alitmax w/studs last year and they are not as good as the nokians, but do the job real well. Went out late last night to look at my new place in Black Diamond and had more issues of not speeding to fast then anything. Even stopped half way up the hill coming out of Okotoks to help push a guy that was stuck, jumped back in stomped on the accelerator and was "speeding" before the top of the hill.

I love winter driving....

Leave a comment:

• stefan
    replied

First impression of the studded Federals is pretty good! Think I may be going to studs on my other car next year.

Leave a comment:

• 96vwVR6
    replied

im my expierence from running different winter tires on my own vehicle and work vehicles.
    1.Nokian Studded (hakka 5,7,and LT)
    2.Nokian Hakka R/Nitto SN2
    3.Mic X-ice/Bst Blizzak WS70
    4.Nokian WR G2 (all weather tire)
    5.Winterclaw Extreme studded
    6.Yokohama IG20/Falken Eurowinter
    7.TBC Arctic Claw studded
    8.TBC Arctic Claw not studded

Leave a comment:

• Lars
    replied

I run kumhos on both my cars and they are great! One set is studded (my car) and they are great at 5 am going to work

Leave a comment:

• Bucky
    replied

I've been running the blizzak ws-60's for two seasons and they're good. I'm curious to what other blizzak owners think, I find if on dry pavement they wear quick"ish" than a different model. Maybe a blizzak thing.
    Last edited by Bucky; 09-28-2012, 05:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• witchcraftz
    replied

Last year I ran Nokian WRG2, they were awesome for the first 50,000 but became a bit less good in snow after that, still for the quality and convenience I would do it again.

This year I will be running 205/40/17 all season tires on those AMG rims I got.

Just for precautions I'll throw some snow chains in the trunk, it's Vancouver but you never know lol.
    Last edited by witchcraftz; 09-28-2012, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CGY_GTI
    replied

I have X-Ice 2s on my GTI and they're pretty good on the snow and not bad on the pavement either... I had to leave them on until July since I was waiting for my summer tires
    Last edited by CGY_GTI; 09-28-2012, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall
    replied

Originally posted by popp View Post
    Stefan, I don't know if you were running the x-ice and the x-ice2. The x-ice2 is the iphone 5 and the x-ice is the iPhone 1st gen
    So they are both behind the times?

I went from blizzaks to some cheaper winter tires (totally forget which ones) and I found them to actually work better in climate as some of the winter the roads are pretty clear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X