Split Up Bavaria and Stuttgart Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Up Bavaria and Stuttgart Threads

I like the idea of grouping threads by city/country where the cars are made, however, Bavaria and Stuttgart need to be split into two sub-catagories; Audi and BMW; Benz and Porsche, respectively.
    It just doesn't work well to have those brands mixed in the same thread.

Re: Split Up Bavaria and Stuttgart Threads

You have a total of 4 posts and the categories just dont work for you?

In all seriousness... how many other Benz or Porsche threads are there? Two? Infected's build and Some of Kor's stuff? Not sure thats enough to warrant seperate categories...

Comment

Not sure if there is enough activity to have a sub section as the Porsche Benz is relatively quiet. The Audi BMW is busier but I am not sure it requires further sectioning at this point.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Personally, I dont think its that complicated. Usually the thread title states whether its Audi related or BMW related, and once you use the forums enough, you know who drives/talks about what. If you're not interested, just skip over it.
        Patryk
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

If anything, BMW and Audi should be split. It seems like every BMW thread gets a ton of Audi guys in it making unsolicited comments. The enthusiasts that drive these particular brands just don't mesh very well.
          Tint sucks

Comment

Bmw: Popped collars and Jagerbombs
            Audi: (According to Jeremy Clarkson) Cocks
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
              You have a total of 4 posts and the categories just dont work for you?

In all seriousness... how many other Benz or Porsche threads are there? Two? Infected's build and Some of Kor's stuff? Not sure thats enough to warrant seperate categories...
              What does my number of posts have to do with seeing something that doesn't seem right?

Mixing the Audi/BMW threads is probably the thing that stands out most to me, since those drivers are the ones on forums looking for advice/help. If you want people to frequent the forum, you have to make it as un-complicated as possible... and sifting though two different makes in the same thread is a deal breaker, especially when you own a BMW and most of the guys on here are VW/Audi owners.

Comment

Originally posted by gt4rally View Post
                What does my number of posts have to do with seeing something that doesn't seem right?

Mixing the Audi/BMW threads is probably the thing that stands out most to me, since those drivers are the ones on forums looking for advice/help. If you want people to frequent the forum, you have to make it as un-complicated as possible... and sifting though two different makes in the same thread is a deal breaker, especially when you own a BMW and most of the guys on here are VW/Audi owners.

1. We all have between 600ish and 10,000ish posts, you have 4, it bothers none of us, there isnt the traffic and the DIY's to facilitate all of this.

2. Audi has fortitude, bmw has bimmerforums. Thats where all their stuff is. If you actually came out to some of the meets, got to know some people then brought up the idea, it might be a different story, but not one of us who has been on here for years has a problem with navigating.
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by Eurotuner. View Post
                  1. We all have between 600ish and 10,000ish posts, you have 4, it bothers none of us, there isnt the traffic and the DIY's to facilitate all of this.

2. Audi has fortitude, bmw has bimmerforums. Thats where all their stuff is. If you actually came out to some of the meets, got to know some people then brought up the idea, it might be a different story, but not one of us who has been on here for years has a problem with navigating.
                  Wow, if you are saying that I need to post 600 times and show up to meets in order to make a constructive suggestion, then you will be waiting a long time my friend. I've been on Bimmerforums for 6 years and I'm still only at 250 posts... mostly because I only post when I have something constructive to say. I am a car enthusiast, not a forum enthusiast.

Comment

Well I appreciate the suggestion regardless of post count I am just not sure if there is still enough activity to warrant a change at this point. I prefer a simple clean look to the forums and having more sections takes that away. I agree that Audi and BMW are not the greatest together but I would bet we are probably still about 80% Audi 20% BMW activity here so if that changed I could see making an adjustment.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Duby T View Post
                      If anything, BMW and Audi should be split. It seems like every BMW thread gets a ton of Audi guys in it making unsolicited comments. The enthusiasts that drive these particular brands just don't mesh very well.
                      It's hard to mesh with guys wearing 4 popped collars!!
                      2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
                      2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
                      2001 Audi A4 - RIP
                      2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
                      2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
                      2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
                      1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
                      2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

It would be ridiculous to separate them. Oh NO! You may click on a thread that isn't BMW and is Audi or vice versa. You might learn something about the other brand. For a car enthusiast you just sound like you are hostile towards other makes. God forbid you learn just the tiniest about another make, that is so similar to your own.

Comment

I honestly don't post very much here because of what was said earlier, the unsolicited posts in BMW threads.

The audi / "dubbers" just sh1t on your car if it's not got a plaid roof, rusted hood or no poke/stretch.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowcatxx87 View Post
                            I honestly don't post very much here because of what was said earlier, the unsolicited posts in BMW threads.

The audi / "dubbers" just sh1t on your car if it's not got a plaid roof, rusted hood or no poke/stretch.
                            Sounds more like vortex.
                            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

i am in ingolstadt right now factory tour tomorrow baby!
                              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                              X