503 Service Unavaliable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 503 Service Unavaliable.

For the last few days when I come onto this site and look at threads and try to post a message will come up and say "503 Service Unavailable*. It says that the server is busy. I think that it might be my computer but I'm not sure. I've restarted my browser and computer and it still comes up. Has anyone else had problems with this?
    2010 Golf

Re: 503 Service Unavaliable.

I have not noticed anything on my end, but keep us posted.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yeah, everything works fine for me. I have noticed a bit of a lag every once in a while. But never a "Service Unavailable" error.
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Use to happen to me all the time a while back, stated again a couple days ago but didn't last long. Always seems to be with firefox and not IE. If I bring up the link in IE is always works fine.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

It's a server thing.
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

503 error is popping up a lot again in the last couple days.
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

i stolez all your packets thats why

i get no issues ever.. odd.. maybe blair can email our hosting company and bug them..

Comment

Problem seems fairly random but trying to see if there is anything that can be done.
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Problem has been happening more and more the last couple days. Always with firefox.

Comment

Oh DJ, I use firefox too and still have not seen this issue
                      Blair

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                        Oh DJ, I use firefox too and still have not seen this issue
                        i haven't seen the issue either. an error like that comes from ur http server. and it can not way be browser specific, since the requests are the same (minus the little browser type description saying ur a hippy).

chances are it's caused by your collo. restarting the server process (not the hardware itself).

oooooor there's a proxy in front of the ppl who are experiencing the error (like a shaw or telus "speed boost" http proxy). and it's being restarted.

*shrug*

who knows. but firefox is stupid anyway
                        D.J.
                        Turbo SVT Focus
                        Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

503 is server related not browser

anyways i use safari and ie8 with no issues ever..

servers may need a reboot one of these days and a vbulletin update too

Comment

I was with Telus had the same problem, now with shaw and problem is still there. I am running windows 7 though.
                            Also don't have the same problem at work machine with windows xp and firefox.
                            Last edited by Stonewall; 08-23-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I run Windows 7 and Firefox and have not had the issue, just very strange it is not consistent.
                              Blair

Comment

Working...
                              X