Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum post count for FS thread?

Hey guys,

Just a suggestion but can we set a forum minimum post limit before you are allowed to start a FS thread? I know a few other sites have done this and it makes a person get involved in the eurodrivers community a bit more before venturing to try to sell stuff.

Your thoughts?

Sean

Re: Minimum post count for FS thread?

Lol sparked from recent controversy. I agree though, it's really not that hard to wait 50 posts to start a thread.

Comment

Well it doesn't even have to be 50, i know on HIDplanet it is around 25, just something so that spammers/advertisers come on here and post once then leave.

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily have a minimum post count maybe like 5, but more a time limit, you have to be registered for a month or something.

Or we can all just be assholes until a person introduces themselves and maintain the name that eurodrivers had until there was a strict barrier on profanities.

If this is a truly great community there would be posts referring to the thread that states a price needs to be posted as well as a nice push saying hey if you are going to be here selling stuff, introduce yourself if not at least come out to a meet or two.

I say lets look at this as a New Years Resolution, not to destroy newcomers, we need them so this community can carry on and thrive, but to be inviting. I say hell yes lets banter and bicker on threads but when it comes to new users lets be more inviting and less vortex.
        Last edited by BaggedGLI; 01-01-2012, 01:39 AM.
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I'm gonna go with Colin on this one. We have new members getting bashed for anything and everything, but nobody cares to teach them. I've seen a ton of stupid sh!t posted on the forums (both by new and old members) and I just dont bother posting. If you dont like someone's price, DONT POST!!! When they go back a week later, see 100 views and 0 replies, they'll get the hint. Honestly, how many of you actually read the forum rules when you first joined? I know I sure as hell didnt. So if we put another rule into the forum, a newcomer will join, want to sell something, fail at doing that and then will leave immediately. Not worth it.
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

What thread did I miss? Seems like it set some people off.

Comment

Fs thread for long beaches.

Comment

Personally I do not feel it is much of an issue. On forums were products maybe bought and sold through the mail I see more protection required, but considering most items are local and people will meet to conclude the deal I feel things are relatively calm here. Perhaps more rules and structure is necessary but I think the classifieds seem to run fairly well around here, my thoughts anyways.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Looks line the same type of seller as rline.....
                  http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...ors-15-Shipped

Comment

I don't see how that is a problem.

He posted here cause we are a euro community.

This is no different then if someone had a group buy for mk4 OEM HID reps........

Sure 2 people would post, those that were interested would reply the rest would ignore, whichever could provide the best deal would win.

We profit cause we get a deal, they got to reach out to the euro community and help themselves by helping us with a deal.

Yes these key covers are pointless to me and many others, but to some they are great.
                    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Hey whats up. I sort of agree, but I am not a spammer at all. I posted then browsed the other areas of the forum, I have a stock VW, only mod is some side markers. haha. I thought if I posted something that people liked it would drum up interest and get more people to visit too from people posting the link. I know some people think key covers are pointless, but I've had this one on my key for 5 months and it saved my key from some damage and my key was already beat up so it made it like a new key, and a lot of people complimented me on it and asked me where I got it, so I thought I share the rest I had left. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                        I don't see how that is a problem.

He posted here cause we are a euro community.

This is no different then if someone had a group buy for mk4 OEM HID reps........

Sure 2 people would post, those that were interested would reply the rest would ignore, whichever could provide the best deal would win.

We profit cause we get a deal, they got to reach out to the euro community and help themselves by helping us with a deal.

Yes these key covers are pointless to me and many others, but to some they are great.
                        your private msgs are full! just letting you know. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by VDubbinVW View Post
                          your private msgs are full! just letting you know. thanks
                          Fixed!

Thanks!
                          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Again i stand by my original statement

Comment

If people do not respond to these classified threads they will either die out or they will sell their wares and move on.

Until people are being scammed by new comers I don't think minimum post counts are that justified plus sometimes it just encourages garbage posting till the threshold is met.
                              Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                              X