no fun police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no fun police

way to much forum policing going on here lately. just because you don't like an opinion, doesn't mean you have to edit or close threads all the time. it sucks, and isn't very fun. some of us are blue collar you know, and can take a little ribbing every once in a while. the boards here are really starting to turn into a "board room" and less of a "garage".

/thread?
    you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Re: no fun police

Well your point is understood but we have also been getting a lot of comments going the other way about lack of respect and topics getting nasty.

I do agree that closing and editing lots of threads is not fun and I would prefer to have it the other way but seems we are having issues finding the balance at the moment.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I understand this. Before, threads got out of control, so much fun, laughter then a merman. Now, they get out of control and people are attacking each other and cars.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I totally understand, but as Blair pointed out, we have gotten quite a few comments going the other way. People need to be respectful of one another and also have the ability to handle a little ribbing without getting bent out of shape. We will find a happy medium for this so that everyone can enjoy the forums as much as possible.

Thanks for the input.
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

what if we do not respect peoples pets?

dan your dog is a jerk and he is not low enough. your dog would be way better if it was a german shepard.

jk i love your dog.

Comment

A low german shepard.....lol wouldn't that just be a corgi?

Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I missed the drama... @ Pat your corgi isn't low enough... it needs to be on bags..

drive green ||
              2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
              2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

hahahah
                MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

hahaha Corgi + Bags = EPIC Win!
                  Patryk
                  Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                  08 VW .:R32
                  04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

As a guy who likes dogs, I would've been much happier not seeing that ^
                    Scott
                    '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                    '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

word. thanks for taking that down. didn't like seeing that on my dog when he was attacked. too bad it wasn't internet related lol. this thread is a good example of how it should go though. 2 people make joke. we laugh. it should end there. thread continues. there's no need to one up the joke, or eventually post mermen. thanks you for the feedback, mods. i can tell you're struggling to find balance. maybe if you edit or remove a post, you could PM why?

and for the record, my dog's suspension is running a voice command management system whereby i say lay down, and he lays frame.
                      you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

i only bring out my mod hammer when needed but more so lately. i usually don't PM people but seriously i think most are over 18 so act like it.. we are one of the top clubs in alberta and i would like to keep it that way without disbanding this club a year from now only after i've helped build it since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by 100%VAGitarian View Post
                          maybe if you edit or remove a post, you could PM why?
                          I agree here. A bit of communication to let the person know what your thoughts are/discuss why you felt the post violated some rules might help some. Even if it was just to tell them to smarten up a bit.

Comment

Your right to have fun on the forum ends where other people's right to enjoy the forum starts.

Comment

the things that i've noticed causing arguments on here are

diesel vs gas
                              manual vs automatic
                              spelling misteaks
                              stretched tires form vs function etc.
                              internet sarcasm not following through

we should realize that opinions differ regardless of what is right or wrong therefore there is no right or wrong. but respect each other's style and how each of our cars are modded. I feel that we are all semi-mature adults that we can take a hit (personal or not) and move on, but the amount of policing on the forums now kind of shows that we're the opposite of that..
                              drive green ||
                              2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
                              2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

Working...
                              X