Willkommen to the new domain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willkommen to the new domain!

So as most noticed, site was down for the later part of today while it was being updated to a new domain and newer version of VB, it took some time so.

Anyway looks like its working, in firefox anyway. Not sure if IE has some kind of DNS caching or what, but it's not loading in IE for me right now, should kick in soon though.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by bart; 01-04-2006, 03:30 PM.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Re: Willkommen to the new domain!

Uh, is there going to be a redirection for the old domain, or are we just tossing all the old references, google rankings, sticker history, etc? It comes up with some gay generic search page.

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
      Uh, is there going to be a redirection for the old domain, or are we just tossing all the old references, google rankings, sticker history, etc? It comes up with some gay generic search page.

Khyron
      I was wondering the same thing too.....how much does it cost to maintain the old newveedub.com domain?
      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

The old domain will redirect I would not make the switch with out that, and it is working for me but seems not very many of us can even see the boards at the moment.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

hey everyone. what bart mentioned about it only working in firefox. It will work in IE but DNS has to replicate. I'm doing this from my home shaw box right now and i'm at work and it doesn't work from work as DNS hasn't updated the proper IPs yet. Give it some time and hopefully everything will be corrected sometime today so EVERYONE can get back onto the boards.

Welcome everyone.. enjoy you stay and let us know if anything is funky for you.

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
          The old domain will redirect I would not make the switch with out that, and it is working for me but seems not very many of us can even see the boards at the moment.

Comment

Yep old name is redirecting to new domain silently - looks good!

Khyron
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
              hey everyone. what bart mentioned about it only working in firefox. It will work in IE but DNS has to replicate. I'm doing this from my home shaw box right now and i'm at work and it doesn't work from work as DNS hasn't updated the proper IPs yet. Give it some time and hopefully everything will be corrected sometime today so EVERYONE can get back onto the boards.

Welcome everyone.. enjoy you stay and let us know if anything is funky for you.
              ya but someone explain to me why it worked in FF and not IE, even though i say IE is better it must have its own dns cache and a high TTL value, thats the only explanation i can come up with...
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

i dunno bart get this.. wouldn't work in ie7 but would work in 6 for me LOL

Originally posted by bart
                ya but someone explain to me why it worked in FF and not IE, even though i say IE is better it must have its own dns cache and a high TTL value, thats the only explanation i can come up with...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  i dunno bart get this.. wouldn't work in ie7 but would work in 6 for me LOL
                  lol i never tried it in 6, but working in ie7 now too, so should be working for everyone now.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

PIcs and Avatars aren't working, well some of them atleast. Is that a personal option thign or server issue?

Also what about images in the sig, not happening?
                    Tunerworks Performance Inc.
                    Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
                    .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
                    STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Originally posted by AllGo'n'Show
                      PIcs and Avatars aren't working, well some of them atleast. Is that a personal option thign or server issue?

Also what about images in the sig, not happening?
                      the image stuff will be sorted out, well attachments are working right? this new vbulletin version isnt working right with our current template so kor has to redo it when he gets time.
                      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

the image stuff will be sorted out, well attachments are working right? this new vbulletin version isnt working right with our current template so kor has to redo it when he gets time.

Yah the attachments are working right, some image links seem to be broken on fairly new posts, along with avatars and then sig img tags just going to sig url tags, not showing img sigs.
                        .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
                        STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Yah the attachments are working right, some image links seem to be broken on fairly new posts, along with avatars and then sig img tags just going to sig url tags, not showing img sigs.
                          well if images are broken in some posts then its not on the server anymore where it was being hosted.
                          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

well if images are broken in some posts then its not on the server anymore where it was being hosted.

Yah looked into it a little more was the host not here .
                            Anyways, look forward to the meets and such

Comment

images in sigs have been disabled for a long time so that is nothing new. As for the rest of it, i'll leave it to the pro's.
                              Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X