Driven 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Driven 2015

I'm gonna bring a hotplate and cook while playing Scrabble.
    Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
      I'm gonna bring a hotplate and cook while playing Scrabble.
      Hahahahaha
      Currently own: 2012 Golf 2.5 Sportsline Small modifs: ST Coils, VMR V710 18x8.5

Comment

From my experience with the club, its seems that any show we participate in is always so disorganized.
        I was online and did a quick mock up of 2 banners with stands. Does the club really not have any funds to get 2 made? Doesn't seem that large of an expense. Its obviously too late now for Driven but I know I have brought this up year after year. I always try and help out the club, volunteer and give suggestions but it seems like its always in one ear and out the other.
        I'm not a pro at shows/events but I honestly don't think its that difficult to get something put together. Nor is it that hard to raise some bucks for the club. Be creative.

Just my 0.02 cents here.

Last edited by VwSweetHeart; 05-13-2015, 10:54 AM.
        ~Tracy~
        MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
        Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
          Dont take it so personally Sean. The idea is a good one, its just that when I see comments like
          "Jasons post"
          It makes me think some people arent really understanding the point of the spec sheet. Its not there to draw the attention of the public or even inform the public about your car. If they really want to know, they will track you down as the owner. Its for the judges to fully understand what has been done to the car so they can fairly assess your car in the competition.
          The point of each car having a spec sheet displayed in front of the car was to again provide a uniform look rather then a bunch of random cars which is how it was portrayed in previous years.
          The second function of the spec sheet is people to glance and learn a bit about the car, normal every day people might have a slight interest, but it might be hard for them to track me down or they may not have the nerve to ask questions. A spec sheet is nice for also saying the same information 100 times.

I agree two banners at the entrance to our section would do the same trick and we could just put our spec sheets on the windows.
          Speaking of which where would the spec sheets really go? My hood is open, trunk is open, and my windows are down...so where would it go best? That is the reason why i was suggesting something that wasn't just on the windshield or hood, because i'm probably not the only person with their hood up or window(s) down.
          Is it really too late to get banners made like that Tracy? I really enjoy those and we could have it as a grand entrance to all of our shows

Comment

To get a generic one made like I did above, maybe if you ordered today it will be here by next week but I'm not about to put down my credit card and cover the cost of this.

It took me only a few minuets to get on a website and make 2 to check the price and shipping. There is a group of moderators, vps and admins that run eurodrivers. You can't tell me no one has ever checked into doing this and looked around for some prices?? I also don't run the groups bank account. I've asked about banners numerous times and it bring us back to now, no banners and no funds for it. I know of numerous things as a group that can be done to raise money but that takes commitment and work from all members, not just a few people.

I'm a paid member like the rest of you. These are ideas and suggestions.
            ~Tracy~
            MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
            Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

I'd throw in an extra $20 today to get this done, if 7 other people are on board for this event specifically then we can get the signs as a "donation" to a car club that is actually pretty cheap to be a member of in the first place

Comment

Check out minuteman press, They made a banner for my work in 2 days,

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                  Dont take it so personally Sean. The idea is a good one, its just that when I see comments like

It makes me think some people arent really understanding the point of the spec sheet. Its not there to draw the attention of the public or even inform the public about your car. If they really want to know, they will track you down as the owner. Its for the judges to fully understand what has been done to the car so they can fairly assess your car in the competition.
                  Well... obviously a spec sheet itself shouldnt be the thing grabbing anyones attention, that wasnt the point. I just thought itd be a cool display to better help the appeal of our whole display as a club. I dont understand why everyones so salty about this idea haha. It was just an idea that could maybe add a more professional image to our display. Like Tracy said, organization.

Also, id also be more than willing t throw 20$ at a banner.

Anyways, windshield stickers: are they all going to be one colour? Or will we get to pick the colours? [emoji14]
                  Last edited by GingerBeef; 05-13-2015, 12:50 PM.
                  Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                  ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                  PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Might be too late now.
                    Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

If you go via vistaprint 40% off banners right now

fastest eta is 3 biz days
                      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

I might hit up the electric grill with some bratwurst during that weekend.

Don

sigpic

Comment

It's not the cost of this at all. It's more along the lines of what's really the benefit of spending the cash on merchandising material when we do one show like this a year, if that. This is the first time we are not scrambling to put together a minimum of cars at Driven and for now I will take it as an anomaly.

If we ever organized another show ourselves I could see the benefit to getting the marketing material done up. Seeing as we are doing only the cruise for the foreseeable future I'd rather the $80 - $200 go to the charity we support at that time.
                          --
                          Rod
                          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Was just gonna mention vista-print too! There's 16 or 17 of us going, if we all pitched in another $10 we could buy some pretty neat banners and keep them for other shows too. I believe you can get one off vista print which is a 30" by 144" for $45, thats pretty cheap and as Natty said 3 Buisness days
                            2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
                            2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

Where's a good place to get sauerkraut? The ones at Costco are just massive.

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adcodo View Post
                                Was just gonna mention vista-print too! There's 16 or 17 of us going, if we all pitched in another $10 we could buy some pretty neat banners and keep them for other shows too. I believe you can get one off vista print which is a 30" by 144" for $45, thats pretty cheap and as Natty said 3 Buisness days
                                I agree, it seems like the interest is there, and we members are willing to pitch in for something like this. I have a feeling this is one of those things that once we have, will find plenty of use for.
                                Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                                ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                                PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Working...
                                X