Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: toyo tr1 tires

Originally posted by Spoolin View Post

Have you tried T1R? if so on what car? Sure if you only have 150hp, you wont have any issues, but i have more then that..
    They are on a Porsche C4S... so slightly more then 150hp.

Either way.... I've read nothing but raving reviews of the V12's, and thats also what I will be going with once my PS2's die. (Which is very soon) I also have more then 150hp.

Comment

Originally posted by tirebob View Post
      Well that right there is a main part of the issue... None of these tires are built for launching... They are built for handling... two completely different types of tires. When you have a high horsepower car and you are trying to get straight line traction, especially off the line and in the first couple gears, what is required for traction is a lot more than simply compound. You need soft sidewalls that are built to absorb torque or you will simply break them loose because the compund is not flexible enough buy itself to do this. The combination of casing sturcture AND compound makes the difference. Think of it on an extreme level such as a full blown drag tire like a wrinkle wall, vs a full blown road course tire which has super stiff sidewalls. One is made for lateral traction while the other is made for torque absortion...

Sounds good... I really need a tire somewhere in the middle, i want pretty good handling, but i want to be able to rip on it and not just just burn out every time. I should also add that i only run around 32psi in the back to help soften the sidewalls a bit. If i know im going to be ripping on the highway at high speeds, i usually put around 36-38psi in.
      Thanks for explaining that!
      Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
      They are on a Porsche C4S... so slightly more then 150hp.

Either way.... I've read nothing but raving reviews of the V12's, and thats also what I will be going with once my PS2's die. (Which is very soon) I also have more then 150hp.
      I wasnt saying you have a slow car or anything bud, i was just simply stating that im having issues because i can actually spin the tires no problem. Sorry if you took it the wrong way...

Anyway ill let you guys know how the V12's hold up against the T1R, hopefully i can get a little more grip!
      Last edited by Spoolin; 06-15-2010, 08:16 PM.
      http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/v.../5copy-1-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Spoolin View Post
        Sounds good... I really need a tire somewhere in the middle, i want pretty good handling, but i want to be able to rip on it and not just just burn out every time. I should also add that i only run around 32psi in the back to help soften the sidewalls a bit. If i know im going to be ripping on the highway at high speeds, i usually put around 36-38psi in.
        Thanks for explaining that!

I wasnt saying you have a slow car or anything bud, i was just simply stating that im having issues because i can actually spin the tires no problem. Sorry if you took it the wrong way...

Anyway ill let you guys know how the V12's hold up against the T1R, hopefully i can get a little more grip!
        You know... Another tire to think about that for a "street" performance tire that a lot of drag race guys seem to say works alright for launching, is the Nitto Invo...

Depending on the size, the treadwear rating varies between 220 and 260 so the compounding is soft enough to give a bit more stick than the more common higher treawear rated tires, but still high enough to actually last for a reasonable amount of time...

sigpic
        Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
        Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
        Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
        888.769.1772 Toll Free
        403.769.1771 tel
        403.769.1773 fax
        bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Whats the price like in comparison with the V12?

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
            Whats the price like in comparison with the V12?
            The exact cost difference varies by size somewhat of course, but overall they are very comparable within a few percent one way or the other...
            sigpic
            Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
            Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
            Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
            888.769.1772 Toll Free
            403.769.1771 tel
            403.769.1773 fax
            bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Thanks bud, ill keep these in mind after i use up my V12's.
              http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/v.../5copy-1-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X