Thinking about buying a 2000 S4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking about buying a 2000 S4

War: You've got a point. Im leaving on vacation for a couple weeks, if your car is still for sale then, i might come take a look at it.

D&D: Yeah, its not for the sig other... its a second car for me so that I dont get stranded somewhere because of a crazy-modified subaru.

R-Audi: What's a VAG-com? Basically a code-reader for Audis?
    The mistress: 2010 Audi S4 || Meteor Grey Pearl || 6MT || Sport Diff || Nav || B&O Sound System || Advanced Key || VMR 721 19x9.5 w/ Michelin PSS 265/35/19
    The ex: 2002 Subaru RSTI || Midnight Black Pearl || JDM STI Swap - EJ207 || 6MT || ST Coilovers || Blouch Dom 1.5XTR Turbo etc. || Airboy Tuned

Comment

Vag Com is a code reader for Audi's... but can also be used for monitoring various engine outputs.

Google Ross Tech.. there is a free one, and a paid one. I've always used the free one, and been fine with it.

Comment

Take your time, do it right...I skulked S4's for two years before pulling the trigger...definitely best to be a well informed purchaser with these cars.
        For what its worth, I bought an 01.5, fairly high mileage (170,000km). It had very little history that I could access other than warranty, but with these cars it is pretty obvious right off the bat if the owner was taking care of it...this was hands down the cleanest bare ass stock one owner car I have ever purchased. Chipped, CAI, diverters, FK coilovers. The only issue I've had to date was alternator. Excellent daily driver, fun car to drive. Confidence in maintenance and responsible ownership are the two key purchase factors.

...and if you do buy a Silver, it's not like you're actually adding one to the general population...plus they go faster...

...and yes I've removed that license plate bracket...
        Last edited by JRP; 08-13-2010, 06:03 PM.
        "You know, I never noticed how many Silver Audis there were out there until you bought one..."
        My Dear Wife - April, 2010

Comment

Running the car in stg1 trim won't bake your turbos into submission. They just weren't the strongest ever design from the get go.

Detuning the car would result in loss of throttle response, power and fuel mileage.

From what I gather reading your posts, an S4 with a basic OTS tune, diverter valves, piggie pipes and some sticky tyres on lightweight wheels would turn your crank nicely.

GL!
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
          X