Sleeper S4 cult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sleeper S4 cult?

Yeah, that's exactly why I wasn't very interested in the job. When I told him how long it would take to properly install a FMIC on his car, or that if he wanted to max out the RS6 turbos that he bought, he should really upgrade the rods in his motor, he just said the same thing "I don't have the money for that right now". In my opinion, he should have waited for another year or two until he had the money to do it right.

I like to torque down load-bearing bolts to spec, I like using top-quality parts, and I like building cars properly the first time- I do not like skimping out on important parts and taking short cuts. It's just not in my blood to do things that way.

BTW, no hard feelings from me at all. Besides, it's hard to get mad at the guy that is taking good care of my old Stage 3
    Last edited by The_Jerbel; 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM.
    Jordan
    Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
    JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
    (403) 690-7135
    jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Absolutely i told him the exact same things! I told him how much it would be for fmic and he went and bought ebay smic. The whole time i was telling him replace this and that since we have the motor out and he kept saying no. I put it back together the way he wanted and ya i did the same i had taken my time putting it all in torquing down bolts and rechecking them. I made sure to do a good job.
      I had to go back into that motor a few times replacing stuff already. Valve cover gaskets. aux water pump. ect. stuff i had told him to replace and it just ended up costing him more. so frustrating.
      He doesnt have money to do a tranny build which he will have to do because he started grinding 3rd already and i dont think it goes in smooth at higher rpms. but he wants to put in a roll cage!!
      lol anyways..
      thanks jordan you helped me alot with stuff and i really appreciate it .
      going to the track tmrw see how my clutch hooks up.. hopefully ill hit 12s!
      Custom Built Single Turbo S4

Comment

I got that car down to 12.7 on pump gas and 12.2 on race- in CALGARY

In Edmonton you should be able to see low-mid 12's on pump and high-11's to low 12's on race. Let me know how it goes!
        Jordan
        Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
        JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
        (403) 690-7135
        jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jerbel View Post
          Yeah, that's exactly why I wasn't very interested in the job. When I told him how long it would take to properly install a FMIC on his car, or that if he wanted to max out the RS6 turbos that he bought, he should really upgrade the rods in his motor, he just said the same thing "I don't have the money for that right now". In my opinion, he should have waited for another year or two until he had the money to do it right.

I like to torque down load-bearing bolts to spec, I like using top-quality parts, and I like building cars properly the first time- I do not like skimping out on important parts and taking short cuts. It's just not in my blood to do things that way.

BTW, no hard feelings from me at all. Besides, it's hard to get mad at the guy that is taking good care of my old Stage 3
          I am with Jordan on this one if you can't afford to do it right the first time because you can't afford it then just wait it out til it can be done the right way. There is no sence putting RS6 in with out doing rods and valve's but that is just my two cents..

As for all these other stage 3 S4 running around Edmonton I have yet to see any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by grim420 View Post
            As for all these other stage 3 S4 running around Edmonton I have yet to see any of them.

Check your rear view mirror
            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
            Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
            Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

I am with Jordan on this one if you can't afford to do it right the first time because you can't afford it then just wait it out til it can be done the right way. There is no sence putting RS6 in with out doing rods and valve's but that is just my two cents..

you tracking that ***** this year mark? or waiting till next year?

need some numbas man, at least a dyno..
              Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

Originally posted by fazda View Post
                you tracking that ***** this year mark? or waiting till next year?

need some numbas man, at least a dyno..
                I might hit up the track tommorow. I have tryed to get in on the dyno but I am not paying $225 an hour for that

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                  Check your rear view mirror
                  Usally the things in my rear veiw just keep getting smaller and smaller

Comment

I might hit up the track tommorow. I have tryed to get in on the dyno but I am not paying $225 an hour for that

any numbers you get from a dyno day are likely to be off because they never set those things up properly for all of the different cars that go onto the dyno's.
                    Team Highschool
                    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                      any numbers you get from a dyno day are likely to be off because they never set those things up properly for all of the different cars that go onto the dyno's.
                      on older dyno's or mustang dyno's, they would need to enter exact weight and exact gear ratio. additionally, they'd need to enter barometric pressure and air temp. they wouldn't do that all the time, you're right.

if it's a newer dyno (specifically something wicked like a dynopack), all that is selected from drop downs for the vehicle type. the temp and pressure is automatic

so it depends on the dyno for the dyno day

vagina
                      D.J.
                      Turbo SVT Focus
                      Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

I drive around alot! but i'm on the northside of edmonton. I went to the track last week but man it was packed! i got a few runs in they but my launches were bad that night. my best time that night was 13.0s
                        I'm going to the track on sunday the 3rd again. Grim you should come.
                        Custom Built Single Turbo S4

Comment

I hope that I will be able to make it on the 3rd. I have to change my breaks before I can do any high speed runs since the are done.

I guess that makes since why I don't see many S4 around since I live just outside of Edmonton (more by Castrol) I have not been on the north side in a long time. But I will be bustin my ass off in the next week to get the car ready for the track..

But on another note last night I was getting some stuff from the Devon IGA and there is this guy outside standing by my car. I get out there and we start to talk it turns out that he is in the process of building an S6 and is from Calgary so we shot the **** for a while but it is nice to talk to people that know what the car is and don't just think that it is a four door audi. LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X