Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sleeper S4 cult?

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
    What kind of power will a built 2.7L-3.0L V6 make with a single turbo build?
    You can build a single to levels upwards of 800-900 awhp, just depends on what you want to do with it. 550-600 awhp would be an extremely responsive single turbo.
    I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

There is actually a 3rd 3.0L build that I know of
      Jordan
      Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
      JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
      (403) 690-7135
      jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

any 3 liter cars yet?
        i lost my garage access and now i'm doing my build from a storage yard garage haha
        no heat which means i won't be doing much over winter just collecting parts
        Work in progress 3.0 liter S4 build

Comment

Not that I know of, my 3 liter will be an ongoing project over the winter. I may not have the funds available to complete the head work this year, which will mean either running the K04's for another season (if they last) or running the set up that I am beginning work on, detuned. I am positive I am going to need the extra 1-2k RPM
          Last edited by Mantis; 09-12-2010, 08:28 PM.
          I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

i'm already regreting the idea of having to break in the engine with that set up its going to take alot of self control

Comment

Wow that's a very nice ride! I look forward to see the car in 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by Mister T View Post
                Not gonna happen with 71r's, maybe 800 CHP, but not 1000. I don't know that you could stuff anything much larger than a .64 A/R turbine housing in that engine bay and still have frame rails.
                They dont have to be in the stock location......many kits out there include new manifolds which push the turbos back slightly to fit.

Comment

I'm sure one day we will see that car on the news wrapped around a tree.
                  Are they going to be at the leg grounds then on wednesday?

Comment

Someone should snap some more pics on Wednesday... would love to see under the hood and some full length shots.
                    Work - houzz / linkedin
                    Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
                      Someone should snap some more pics on Wednesday... would love to see under the hood and some full length shots.
                      Thats the fun part with S4's.. for the most part you wouldnt notice much of a difference from the standard k03 or K04 car!

Comment

Guess I just have a thing for engine bays Actually, stance aside... how a car's exhaust sits says a lot about a project too... there's a silver S4 by my place that has a pair of polished JHM tips poking out the back and sitting just perfectly... very nice.
                        Work - houzz / linkedin
                        Play - haldex swap

Comment

In my defense don't judge me on anything Jamal says. He knows nothing about cars! I never told him I could do a turbo swap in 8 hrs there's no way I can do that. I can have the engine out in around 8 hrs and i did when I was replacing my clutch about a month ago. I just put in the parts that Jamal brought for me that's it.
                          Last edited by Mikekrus; 09-15-2010, 11:21 AM.
                          Custom Built Single Turbo S4

Comment

Actually Mike, I'd like to thank you for building Jamal's car for him. If you hadn't of done it, that means that I would have had to. I wasn't overly interested in that job to begin with...
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                            (403) 690-7135
                            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mikekrus View Post
                              In my defense don't judge me on anything Jamal says. He knows nothing about cars! I never told him I could do a turbo swap in 8 hrs there's no way I can do that. I can have the engine out in around 8 hrs and i did when I was replacing my clutch about a month ago. I just put in the parts that Jamal brought for me that's it.
                              I can see someone takes pride in their work. :P
                              Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jerbel View Post
                                Actually Mike, I'd like to thank you for building Jamal's car for him. If you hadn't of done it, that means that I would have had to. I wasn't overly interested in that job to begin with...
                                i'm glad your not mad at me i wasn't trying to steal work from you. I was the one that told him to contact you for all the parts and work.
                                I do take alot of pride in my work. I don't want people to think i do shitty work. I know i'm not the fastest but i do a good job (atleasts thats what i tell myself). I told jamal so many times dont cheap out when we start but the whole time hes like i dont have the money for this or that.
                                What always makes me laugh is when he says intank instead of intake. lol ive corrected him many times but.. well...
                                Custom Built Single Turbo S4

Comment

Working...
                                X