Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: APR B7 RS4 supercharger kit

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
    im all for the 2.7TT but the nutswinging in here is getting a bit nuts.

I dont know why people are scoffing at a bolt on $19,000 kit that makes 550hp.
    Add up your receipts for your stage 3 s4's being honest about all of the parts you are upgrading and replacing and you're gonna be in the $15,000+ price range.
    And at the end of the day you still have a 10 year old car. I like the B5 s4 but man there's people on here that want to take it to the bike racks if you should mention anything negative about the stupid car.

It's like the old 1.8T > all debates.

My Corrado G60 was reliable too, just about every other week.
    Last edited by Tuna; 09-24-2010, 01:35 AM. Reason: Formatting
    Jay

Comment

^ Agreed. Every car, even among our beloved Audis, has its pros and cons. I don't think anyone here is saying that the B5S4 is superior to everything else around it, but I for one get sick of people bashing it all the time saying that it's unreliable, when in reality it's no more unreliable than any other Audi in terms of design, engineering, and quality of parts.

I think that what most people who love the B5S4 feel, is that if you want luxury, power, practicality, and fun factor, the B5S4 gives you a pretty good bang for your buck. That's not to say that there aren't many other amazing Audis out there.

Granted a blown 4.2 would be a lot of fun to own and drive, but my comments are aimed at the idea that $19k for a blower kit is pretty steep, when you could do so much more for power with that motor for a price tag that wouldn't be substantially more than $19k.
      Jordan
      Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
      JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
      (403) 690-7135
      jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Actually, I was agreeing with Rondal about the nutswinging...

If I had lots of money I'd like one, but I'd probably get something else.

I still need a ride in a certain allroad.
        Last edited by Tuna; 09-24-2010, 10:23 PM.
        Jay

Comment

I think people just get attached to whatever they sink their money into.

Thursday I was at Southgate and a customer had his red R8 in for a shiny new red IM and SC, both OEM/Stasis, and it was hella cool. But again. When you consider the amount of cash involved, turbines are the way to go, IMO. I keep thinking of a vid on youtube where a TT Gallardo spanks an Enzo into last week.

I think the difference comes down to custom vs. plug-n-play.

Now twincharging... that's a whole other kettle o' fish.
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
          X