Successful DIY night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful DIY night

Thanks to Mike for helping me with my laundry list of maintenance and mods, even though he has a trade test tomorrow morning... nice guy!

So in three hours taking our time shooting the breeze and drinking beers we swapped the fuel filter, replaced three OEM boost hoses (minus the TIP) with some used ones I got off the 'zine for cheap a ways back, and put in the new 034 Motorsport test pipe I (finally!) got today.

Everything went really well and I'm super happy with the better sound and response that the TP gives, seems like the boost comes a bit sooner and dies off a little later. 20awhp seems optimistic but it does rev faster through the range. Seems like the bottom O2 sensor spacer does need to be installed, as it did throw an 02 code... wonder why Issam didn't tell me I need two yet said the B7s need a pair.
    17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S1: Performance too Low
    P1103 - 008 - Implausible Signal - MIL ON
    Am also looking forward to losing less boost from collapsing hoses and hope the new filter helps her to turn over first time every time again. (Since the fuel pump died she takes two tries to crank over.)
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Re: Successful DIY night

I noticed a difference with my 034 test pipe as well... no CEL's though and I didn't space either of the 02 sensors... easy fix though.
    Work - houzz / linkedin
    Play - haldex swap

Comment

Re: Successful DIY night

Isn't the transversal jobby actually a HFC? That would likely be why you didn't pop a MIL.

Either way we did some logging on his car tonight (wow that car rips! at 25psi) and popped in the secondary 02 sensor spacer and once I clear the code tomorrow morning it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

We're going to hit the track tomorrow see what kind of a baseline I can muster for my basically stock setup. Should be fun!
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
      X