No announcement yet.

Balljoint bearing cup guide thingies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Balljoint bearing cup guide thingies?

Was that sauna...or Shauna??? lol So did you get your brakes ordered?
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
      Oooh. Jaw! Damn codes...

I have to get a bbk for my vag from jaw because the fag parts suck.
      Which bbk does your vag desire, specifically? Let me know and I'll make something happen since I like vag's...
      Jordan
      Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
      JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
      (403) 690-7135
      jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jerbel View Post
        Which bbk does your vag desire, specifically? Let me know and I'll make something happen since I like vag's...
        the red cayenne 1,000 piston ones
        D.J.
        Turbo SVT Focus
        Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Sweet. That one sells for $1,000,000 but I'll make you a sweet deal and give you 15% off.
          Jordan
          Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

Don't deal with usedeuroparts.ca ... They sent me uprights with the head sheered off the abs sensor bolt, which is rusted and seized in the upright. And both uprights were shipped with the upper control arms still attached because they couldn't get the pinch bolt out. They tried, but they sheered off the heads of the pinch bolts also. So now I have two steel uprights that are 100% useless because the pinch bolt is rusted in place. No amount of PB Blaster and heat will help because the bolt can't turn anyway due to not having a head.

I ordered uprights today from http://www.audis4parts.com/ ... that even sent me pictures of the uprights before i purchased them. Wish i would have known about audis4parts last week. Would have saved me a lot of grief.
            Last edited by aliencurv; 09-13-2011, 01:59 PM.
            D.J.
            Turbo SVT Focus
            Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Just wow. That's brutal man.
              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
              Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
              Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Be careful about audis4parts.com. We've had many experiences with them, and some of them have been similar to your upright story.

The uprights you received are 100% usable. The pinch bolts on steel uprights need to be drilled out 99% of the time, anyway, and the head of the bolt snaps off every time. There is no way you'll get the pinch bolts out of a used set of steel uprights that are not mounted on a car without drilling. All those guys did is get you started on your way by removing the bolt heads for you already.
                Last edited by The_Jerbel; 09-13-2011, 08:59 PM.
                Jordan
                Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

Be careful about audis4parts.com. We've had many experiences with them, and some of them have been similar to your upright story.

The uprights you received are 100% usable. The pinch bolts on steel uprights need to be drilled out 99% of the time, anyway, and the head of the bolt snaps off every time. There is no way you'll get the pinch bolts out of a used set of steel uprights that are not mounted on a car without drilling. All those guys did is get you started on your way by removing the bolt heads for you already.
                  breaking the head off the bolt of the ABS sensor is not normal

additionally, if they're going to leave the upper control arms on then they should not have touched the bolt heads. by doing that, i can't take the bolts out. it's quite easy to remove the pinch bolts from ALL uprights on ALL cars that are rusted. You use a torch. I did upper control arms on my S4 last year with no trouble. The bolts were rusted in, sure. But a strong torch and some patience and it will come out.

It's clear they tried to remove the upper control arms and simply broke the heads off. IMO they should have just left the fuxking things alone. If they were going to try, they should have finished the job. Not send me a half-assed incomplete job. They put the effort into "attempting" to remove the uppers, so they could have at least drilled them out.

With the bolt heads on, I could have used a torch and gotten them out!

I'm really fuxking annoyed.
                  D.J.
                  Turbo SVT Focus
                  Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

DJ my one was like that dude

its simple! trust me

i even broke the head off the abs sensor bolt! i just pushed the sensor back in and its been fine

to get the pinch out.. get a nice short handled 15-20lb sledge and a strong punch.. and go from there.. you should honestly be able to bash it out with 1-2 good smashes from the punch.. i did mine like that with the upright 1/2 attached to the car! if i had a vice or could put it on the floor it would be easy

try it out

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
                      breaking the head off the bolt of the ABS sensor is not normal

additionally, if they're going to leave the upper control arms on then they should not have touched the bolt heads. by doing that, i can't take the bolts out. it's quite easy to remove the pinch bolts from ALL uprights on ALL cars that are rusted. You use a torch. I did upper control arms on my S4 last year with no trouble. The bolts were rusted in, sure. But a strong torch and some patience and it will come out.

It's clear they tried to remove the upper control arms and simply broke the heads off. IMO they should have just left the fuxking things alone. If they were going to try, they should have finished the job. Not send me a half-assed incomplete job. They put the effort into "attempting" to remove the uppers, so they could have at least drilled them out.

With the bolt heads on, I could have used a torch and gotten them out!

I'm really fuxking annoyed.
                      Don't shoot the messenger here, bud. I believe that the upper CA's that you did last year were with aluminum uprights, if I'm not mistaken? I'm just saying that I've done upper CA's on more than a few S4's, some with steel and some aluminum uprights, and with the alum's you can remove the pinch bolts 99% of the time with a lot of heat and/or a large sledge hammer. The hammer may or may not be necessary. But with steel uprights, you typically have to drill the pinch bolts out, regardless of how much heat you use, or how big your hammer is (ask me how I know). Some times you get lucky and the heat/hammer are enough, but not usually.

I understand that you're pretty frustrated, but the bright side of the situation is that they removed the bolt heads for you, and now everything's ready to be drilled. Good luck, man!

BTW, the ABS sensor bolt does tend to snap off with steel uprights if you do anything more than gently caress it with silk and lavender. It sucks. Going to steel uprights was definitely a downgrade. They should have stuck with the alum's...
                      Last edited by The_Jerbel; 09-14-2011, 09:13 AM.
                      Jordan
                      Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger here, bud. I believe that the upper CA's that you did last year were with aluminum uprights, if I'm not mistaken? I'm just saying that I've done upper CA's on more than a few S4's, some with steel and some aluminum uprights, and with the alum's you can remove the pinch bolts 99% of the time with a lot of heat and/or a large sledge hammer. The hammer may or may not be necessary. But with steel uprights, you typically have to drill the pinch bolts out, regardless of how much heat you use, or how big your hammer is (ask me how I know). Some times you get lucky and the heat/hammer are enough, but not usually.

I understand that your pretty frustrated, but the bright side of the situation is that they removed the bolt heads for you, and now everything's ready to be drilled. Good luck, man!

BTW, the ABS sensor bolt does tend to snap off with steel uprights if you do anything more than gently caress it with silk and lavender. It sucks. Going to steel uprights was definitely a downgrade. They should have stuck with the alum's...
                        You can't even find aluminum ones anymore, which sucks. I looked everywhere
                        D.J.
                        Turbo SVT Focus
                        Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

DJ just read my thread from 2 winters ago when i did mine to understand my frustrations at the time and how easy it turned out.. i had to drill the bolt part way then i punched it out with as much swear power i could muster!

Comment

Grrrr with S4 part suppliers!

I order parts from ECS Tuning. I pay the $2509385935 to have them over night shipped. 3 Days later I phone and ask where they are. They say they haven't shipped them yet because one of the parts I ordered wasn't in stock. WELL Gee, thanx for telling me when I ordered. Dink nuts.

So today I purchased the Cayenne 350mm 6 piston BBK from JHM online. I also pay $400 for 2 day shipping. I phone to ask about when they will leave the warehouse. The dude says in around 4 days. %*%#&$#$!!!! What the f is with that? He says they don't have them in stock. So they are on your website, you took my money for over night shipping and you don't actually have the product?!

2 weeks my car has been on blocks because of irresponsible companies like this. 2 weeks!

Don't fuxking take my fuxking money for rush fuxking delivery if you don't fuxking have the fuxking inventory! FUXK!! This world is run by absolute TOOLS. I think the only way i'm going to fit in is if I get a lobotomy!!!
                            D.J.
                            Turbo SVT Focus
                            Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

:(

Comment

I had the same issue with ECS, paid for express shipping and it took them over a week to even ship it. once it was shipped it was here the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X