Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B5 S4 got a new Butt.

Thanks Patryk,

Ya that was me. And those were three great looking cars, i wish i stopped to chat. Were you peeling the blue wheels?

Ya i really like how it sounds now. I was worried about drone but there is absolutely none. The morning it was finished we drove 800km was smiling for all 800. After on of my runs a old scruffy guy came up to me and said "Your car sounds like you slammed a Bear and a mountain lion in and oil drum". And it kinda does.

Comment

Ya we were peeling the blue wheels. Funkin up there found a piece that was starting to peel and wouldnt leave me alone until I let him just rip it all off haha. And I cant say i've ever heard an exhaust described the way that scruffy old man did, but god damn is he ever right hahaha
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

you should just mold the lower valence to the bumper now to make it complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          you should just mold the lower valence to the bumper now to make it complete.
          Ya i have another bumper and valance that i was thinking about doing that to. I wanted to be as OEM as possible so having the valance snap in like a stock one is kinda nice. I also have another valance that is in the style of a DTM that just snaps in. Here is a pic before the butt lift. Any comments on the before and after?

Comment

Oval tip bumper is very very hot, car looks great overall!!
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by intocco View Post
              Ya i have another bumper and valance that i was thinking about doing that to. I wanted to be as OEM as possible so having the valance snap in like a stock one is kinda nice. I also have another valance that is in the style of a DTM that just snaps in. Here is a pic before the butt lift. Any comments on the before and after?

Love this one! Was it a fairly involved process to get this to work? When you say 'snap in' what does that entail?

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
                Love this one! Was it a fairly involved process to get this to work? When you say 'snap in' what does that entail?
                By snap in I mean exact OEM fit because the valances retain all of the factor tabs that snap into the OEM bumper. This one was not a lot of work other that fabricating the three vertical fins, bit of plastic welding and wrapping in carbon fiber. The new version with the dual 6 inch outlets was a lot of work. lots of cutting up of 3 valances and welding together. Not to mention the countless hours looking for Audi valances that would work and fit the OEM look i was going for. Test fitting in Photoshop etc.

Comment

Would you sell this one?

I didn't see it in your classifieds add!

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
                    Would you sell this one?

I didn't see it in your classifieds add!
                    i have another bumper that i was going to design another look with this valance. It is a little rough thanks to Calgary roads. Amazing what a short period of time in Calgary can do to paint all over a car. It really needs to be cleaned up and a respray.

Comment

Well if you change your mind let me know.

Comment

Curious to know about the plastic welding - do it your self or do you know of a good place that does it?
                        Work - houzz / linkedin
                        Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
                          Curious to know about the plastic welding - do it your self or do you know of a good place that does it?
                          I do the welding myself. I uses a iron type welder from Urethane Supply Company and also a hot air welder from Steinel. Both are aimed a auto body repair but work great for custom fabrication. I also have been welding custom water/meth tanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X