Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody get in on 034's b5 rear sway-bar and brackets??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody get in on 034's b5 rear sway-bar and brackets??

255's? Nice. What width wheel? Ive done 235s in my last few sets, but it looks like there is room for a fair bit more.

Not that I tracked my car very often (I think twice with the current car) but I didnt notice the 4:1 diff as much as I thought.. although it was a year between driving that one and my previous on the track as well, so who knows. Certainly kicks out a lot more in the snow! I looked long and hard at the rear sway, but had a tough time justifying the cost when I most likely wont have this car by the time we have a new track.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken Issam at INA is Canadian and affiliated with 034. Sidestep US shipping and support a Canadian business?

Comment

I have been running 245/35 18s on 18x8.5 but this year I will be trying 255s but it may take a slight pull. I think i will stick with the 18X8.5 Maybe a 9 in the rear. I didn't really notice the 4:1 diff until really pushing it hard enough where normally you start to feel the under-steer and now you can get the tail out a bit and if you are really in the torque sweet spot really out. I do find it is more noticeable on skinny winter tires. It really is hard to break away sticky 245s so 255 should be a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
          There are a few places in Sweetgrass...google Sweetgrass shipping or storage.

Those bars looked great.. but its the price of the brackets that pushed me away. Well that and the fact there isnt a track here, so actually making use of them a bit more difficult.
          thanks found "Montana Shipping Outlet". I think i will try this for some body parts. I am looking for another b5 rear and front bumper and a b8 rear bumper.

Comment

At the border storage or the deringer warehousein sweet grass. By far the 2 best places for shipping. I'm there every couple weeks it seems.
            2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. Daily. Far from stock.

2001.5 Audi S4. Billet rs6 and everything else. FOR SALE. $6500
            Need this car sold.

1960 Ford Falcon.

Comment

Originally posted by stuvy View Post
              At the border storage or the deringer warehousein sweet grass. By far the 2 best places for shipping. I'm there every couple weeks it seems.
              Thanks I will contact them.

Does it take very long at the border with all the paperwork?

Comment

Originally posted by intocco View Post
                Thanks I will contact them.

Does it take very long at the border with all the paperwork?
                Last couple times it has taken longer going through than coming back with my parts because the people I have had at the border didnt seem to be able to comprehend that I was crossing, picking up a car part then coming back across. The one guy gave me a hard time cause he thought my air tank was nitrous.
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I am in the middle of shipping a set of wheels.. looking back Im not so sure I made the right choice shipping. Brokerage SHOULD only be $80... but mistakes by the shipper has turned up a whole new set of issues. I figured it was tough to justify spending 80 and however much less shipping vs a tank of gas and a full day if driving...

Comment

It seems to be hit an miss. I have a MFf flange from 034 be flagged because 034 put Prototype on the paperwork. Customs too that as reason to dig in a bit. They figured that the 39 dollar value was way to low for a prototype so it took and extra 3 weeks to sort out. I needed it so I just designed my own and had it CNC'd locally.

Comment

Working...
                    X