• Chris Harris: B8 s4 avant vs b8.5 rs4 avant

weeeeeee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KfMY96v_Gc

Re: Chris Harris: B8 s4 avant vs b8.5 rs4 avant

Awsome would love B8 S4
    Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

The SIMOS B8.5 cars are even quicker. Not a ton but still more, and more is better.
      At our altitude they can beat up the RS5 and older RS4's pretty handily.

So I'm told...

Erik
      Service Manager
      Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
      erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

I wouldn't take an Audi S4 over my RS4 for some of the same reasons I wouldn't take a Hennessey Venom GT over a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Faster doesn't equal better... unless you're maybe Mark Webber.
        Rob
        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

More affordable maybe lol. But better no. I'd be pretty happy with a b7 s4 avant at the moment though. Possibly even a b6 haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
            I wouldn't take an Audi S4 over my RS4 for some of the same reasons I wouldn't take a Hennessey Venom GT over a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Faster doesn't equal better... unless you're maybe Mark Webber.

Same. For me there is a lot more to a car than outright speed!!
            Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
            -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

you guys are so hard to figure out .............b8 s4 is everything and more in the all around car dept. than any b6 or b7 anything .....what is better about a b6-7 4.2 car than a b8 s4 .....
              nothing accept mabey the looks of a rs4 are hard to beat . But that's it . performance and quality in every way is better out of the b8 s4 . And ease of working on them , and fuel economy , and interior quality ......... i just ... i ... god ..... Why is it that with the internet the only car, product, method, flavor that is better is the one people personally have , And then as soon as you have a slight alpha male in a small group that becomes gospel ....sorry for the rants but i cant believe anyone that has driven all these cars can even begin to relate a b8 anything to the previous generation cars , i have driven all these cars owned a few of them and know that the biggest waste of audis engineering was the 4.2 . how advanced would they be if NASCAR year long was dropped from the mentality 6 years ago . They hold back the 3.0t so much, just so the rs4 can justify its astronomical price at mediocre performance , The r8 with a slightly rammped 3.0t would be a crap tonne faster , if you want v8 sound get a mustang .......sorry . i will breath now
              sigpic

Comment

I agree [there is more to a car than speed], but in this case what is the 'more' that you get?

How about S4 manual vs RS4 auto? Makes it tougher if you can cheaply upgrade your S4 to RS4 power and keep a manual.

Audi has a history of not offering the same seats in RS cars on this side of the Atlantic, so the interiors could be nearly on par here.

Most of us put the cars on bags or coils anyway so suspension or handling differences are mitigated. Likewise most of us put on our own wheels and tires, and rubber counts for a lot in the lap time differences and other performance stats you read.

I'd be hard pressed to decide especially trying to justify the financial difference for just some badges and a body kit.
                Last edited by Kor; 04-09-2013, 12:36 PM.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Seems like engine wise, similar debate for a vr6 vs 1.8t. I know that there are totally different engines, but forced induction can be modded a lot easier then na engines, but the larger displacement sounds awesome .
                  12 Volvo XC 90
                  03 Jetta1.8T
                  95 Cabrio VRT
                  90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
                    you guys are so hard to figure out .............b8 s4 is everything and more in the all around car dept. than any b6 or b7 anything .....what is better about a b6-7 4.2 car than a b8 s4 .....
                    nothing accept mabey the looks of a rs4 are hard to beat . But that's it . performance and quality in every way is better out of the b8 s4 . And ease of working on them , and fuel economy , and interior quality ......... i just ... i ... god ..... Why is it that with the internet the only car, product, method, flavor that is better is the one people personally have , And then as soon as you have a slight alpha male in a small group that becomes gospel ....sorry for the rants but i cant believe anyone that has driven all these cars can even begin to relate a b8 anything to the previous generation cars , i have driven all these cars owned a few of them and know that the biggest waste of audis engineering was the 4.2 . how advanced would they be if NASCAR year long was dropped from the mentality 6 years ago . They hold back the 3.0t so much, just so the rs4 can justify its astronomical price at mediocre performance , The r8 with a slightly rammped 3.0t would be a crap tonne faster , if you want v8 sound get a mustang .......sorry . i will breath now
                    But then you'd not be driving an Audi. So for those who dig on the Audi and want the V8 noises the 4.2 you get’s you this and a respectably quick car. And sure a B8 with the 3.0 supercharged can be made to go pretty quick for relatively reasonable sums but it's not like there are no options for the 4.2 motors.
                    John
                    1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
                    2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

I know there are always newer, faster, better and more fuel efficient cars. I know my RS4 isn't the fastest car on the road but it just does it for me. Everytime I see and hear and RS4 it makes me happy. I've said it a million times however to me all the newer cars are so fast, easy to drive and so good that they become boring. I've been in several stasis S4's and they would absolutely destroy my RS4 however given the option I would still choose my RS4 all day long. Probably the same reason I spent 996TT money on my 993 C4S. Again, not the fastest car on the road but to me its perfect. Its a good thing we all have varying opinions on what the perfect car is for them, otherwise we would all be driving the same car.
                      Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                        I know there are always newer, faster, better and more fuel efficient cars. I know my RS4 isn't the fastest car on the road but it just does it for me. Everytime I see and hear and RS4 it makes me happy. I've said it a million times however to me all the newer cars are so fast, easy to drive and so good that they become boring. I've been in several stasis S4's and they would absolutely destroy my RS4 however given the option I would still choose my RS4 all day long. Probably the same reason I spent 996TT money on my 993 C4S. Again, not the fastest car on the road but to me its perfect. Its a good thing we all have varying opinions on what the perfect car is for them, otherwise we would all be driving the same car.
                        (cough cough..B5 S4...cough cough lol)
                        you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Derek I wouldn't write a stock rs4 off against a stasis s4 too hastily. From what I understand most of them don't return great results when tested inthe real world ie drag strip. In fact my money would be on the rs4.
                          John
                          1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
                          2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

[QUOTE=GINCH;284822 Probably the same reason I spent 996TT money on my 993 C4S. [/QUOTE] Sorry to offend anyone here but the 996 is not a good evolution from the 993 so i agree with the purchase here. The problem i have is the b7 rs4 was the fanboy "cocks car" that was supposed to be amazing and i have yet to be impressed with one(keep in mind that at the same time mercedes was making the c63 that would MURDER the rs4 performance, just failed in quality of rest of the car and for that fact the b5 rs4 must have been close to the same performance as the b7 because audi highly over exaggerated the fsi 4.2 numbers ) . The power is just not there for the chassis . A jhm supercharged s4 4.2 is a beast so yes modify a 4.2 and yes it can get it done ,but the 4.2 has just never delivered for the money to operate it . Bottom line 3.0t is better engine with more potential . 4.0t is awesome . and 4.2 sounds good . but B8>B7/6>B5. 993>996<997+
                            Last edited by turbomeyers; 04-10-2013, 09:19 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

"Sorry to offend anyone here but the 996 is not a good evolution from the 993 so i agree with the purchase here."

My point exactly. There is no denying the fact the 996TT would run circles around my 993. Its faster (just like the B8 S4), it handles better (just like the B8 S4), looks are subjective. So why would I buy the 993? Because I like the heritage, looks and the feel of the car.

"A jhm supercharged s4 4.2 is a beast so yes modify a 4.2 and yes it can get it done ,but the 4.2 has just never delivered for the money to operate it". What are we trying to "get done?" Again, don't care about killing everything on the road!

Anyone who says the B7 RS4 just has "badges and a body kit" obviously knows nothing about the car.

As far as the C63 goes, I love that car. Again, probably a better performer than the RS4. Don't care though. No manual and rear wheel drive. Not interested!
                              Last edited by GINCH; 04-10-2013, 09:47 AM.
                              Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Working...
                              X