Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chris Harris: B8 s4 avant vs b8.5 rs4 avant

Originally posted by GINCH View Post

Anyone who says the B7 RS4 just has "badges and a body kit" obviously knows nothing about the car.
    it also has a free boat anchor .they store it under the hood . lol jk
    sigpic

Comment

after a good valve cleaning on most of them and a BUNCH of JHM products the rs4 engine can perform well . but just not like a lightly modified b8 s4 is the point .
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
        after a good valve cleaning on most of them and a BUNCH of JHM products the rs4 engine can perform well . but just not like a lightly modified b8 s4 is the point

Thats the point you're trying to make which is completely opposite my point!

Its all good though! I'm happy and thats all that matters!
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
          after a good valve cleaning on most of them and a BUNCH of JHM products the rs4 engine can perform well . but just not like a lightly modified b8 s4 is the point .
          Since the car here was a REVO car here are the fastest REVO cars in a database on another site:

[IMG] photo B8S4REVO_zps785f8495.png[/IMG]

Here are the faster ones, APR:

[IMG] photo B8S4APR_zpsa8cfdcd5.png[/IMG]

And the stock ECUs:

[IMG] photo B8S4StockECU_zps76b41f32.png[/IMG]

Now for the RS4s. Im not sure the diferrence is as mind melting as you may believe.

[IMG] photo RS4StockECU_zps84a5a103.png[/IMG]

[IMG] photo RS4JHM_zpsd35e6cec.png[/IMG]

[IMG] photo RS4Blower_zps8c751a11.png[/IMG]
          John
          1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
          2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

Just for shits and giggles here's the JHM B6 S4s

[IMG] photo B6S4JHM_zpsca076f8a.png[/IMG]
            John

Comment

B7 RS4's are alot more than a badge and a body kit. They are a fantastic car to drive and I would most likley try to put one in my stable at some point. I will agree they aren't the fastest car on the road today but let's remember they are now 6 years old and on a now out dated chassis, that being said we are still using them as a benchmark for newer modified cars. Let's also remember that the RS4 is soooo much more than a 1/4 mile car there is so much more to that car than a roll on drag race on Crowchild, so much more that it takes alot more than a simple reprogram of an ECU to reproduce the entire scope of what that car is capable of doing out of the box. It was after all a $100,000 car new. A fully kitted B8 S4 can hit low to mid $90's with a full challenge package which will touch a RS4 in all the wrong places, except in the sheer presence of the vehicle.
              Now I'm not trying to sell the B8 S4 short either it is it's own piece of awesome and it's the underdog in this comparison which is why it is causing so much buzz that it can hang with the new RS cars the flash in the B8 cars has a little less jam then the B8.5 cars due to the fact that Stasis aquired Revo and let them loose from the beginning on this new ECU. There is an updated flash file for the 2010 - 2012 3.0t from Stasis that bumps up the power on those vehicles also (I'm guessing the Revo file).

Now I do dislike the fact that Audi put the 4.2 in the new RS cars when they had the 4.0t in the parts bin. But I do agree that they needed something more than the 3.0 that is in the S4/5. But that is a completely different rant.

Erik
              Service Manager
              Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
              erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

What's more if you look in the info I've posted above the vast majority of the realy fast B8 are running race gas. I'm going to bet most B8 drivers, moded or not, don't commute to work on 100 octane. RS4 RS4 RS4!
                John

Comment

Originally posted by JPO View Post
                  What's more if you look in the info I've posted above the vast majority of the realy fast B8 are running race gas. I'm going to bet most B8 drivers, moded or not, don't commute to work on 100 octane. RS4 RS4 RS4!
                  I doubt every rs4 owner has has there carbon cleaned out in the last 20,000kms also...

Which do you own JPO? Im guessing the RS4 lol?

Who cares which is faster, or which is better, buy the one that you like or want more and you'll be happy!
                  Last edited by theedge111; 04-10-2013, 02:25 PM.
                  -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by theedge111 View Post
                    I doubt every rs4 owner has has there carbon cleaned out in the last 20,000kms also...

Which do you own JPO? Im guessing the RS4 lol?

Who cares which is faster, or which is better, buy the one that you like or want more and you'll be happy!
                    Nope, I own a B6 S4 with the usual basic bolt ons and a JHM 93 octane tune. I love both the B8 S4 and the RS4. I'm just trying to clear up what I feel is a misconception that's come up in this thread that if it's not turbo/supercharged it's a not good/flexible etc. Look at the stock RS4 times up there and you see a bone assed stock RS4 that went 12.75 @108+ that car has never seen a carbon clean.

So. From where I sit you can for the most part have your cake and eat your V8 thunder too.. Sadly if it's B8 cake and V8 thunder you're after it's a RS5 and not, say a B8 RS4 Avant.

PS: for that matter there are B6/B7 S4s with bolt ons and JHM tunes running 12.8X 12.7x and traps of 106-111 etc. These are row your own times too and not DSG.. And Are basically the same as stock rs4 times.
                    Last edited by JPO; 04-10-2013, 07:44 PM.
                    John

Comment

i like cake...
                      you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Originally posted by 100%VAGitarian View Post
                        i like cake...
                        The cake is a lie!

Erik
                        Service Manager
                        Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
                        erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

I still love my RS4 because:
                          • Normally-aspirated engines please me...
                          • My V8 makes noises an S4 can't...
                          • I believe in the "Save the Manuals" campaign... and
                          • Because after 5+ years... she's still sexy as h*ll!

Oh... and one more... because my 3 week old Daughter loves watching me destroy slower real-world traffic through the rear window.
                          Rob
                          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Working...
                          X