2016 Audi A4 (B9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Audi A4 (B9)

Good news looks like the rs4/rs5 will be a 2.9L with 475hp. Good that Audi is going back to under-boring the engine and possibly sleeving. If history repeats itself as it has for all twin turbo Audi's this thing should be in the 600hp range once the tuners get it in their hands. Bad news S4/S5 just get the 3.0 with the minor updates that are in the face-lifted A6, just 7 hp more and the clutch system that shuts down the supercharger when not needed. I really don't understand that last part...when would it not be needed

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
      Good news looks like the rs4/rs5 will be a 2.9L with 475hp. Good that Audi is going back to under-boring the engine and possibly sleeving. If history repeats itself as it has for all twin turbo Audi's this thing should be in the 600hp range once the tuners get it in their hands. Bad news S4/S5 just get the 3.0 with the minor updates that are in the face-lifted A6, just 7 hp more and the clutch system that shuts down the supercharger when not needed. I really don't understand that last part...when would it not be needed
      A 475hp 2.9L... this is delicious! Then again... Audi will likely just tease us for a year and a 1/2 and then let us know it won't be coming to North America.
      Rob
      Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
      Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
        the clutch system that shuts down the supercharger when not needed. I really don't understand that last part...when would it not be needed
        I don't follow the logic either Bob.. along the lines of:

"I think my garage is too big"
        "I may have too much money"
        "I think this car has too much horsepower"
        Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

New info and suggests new S4 is a turbo now and RS4 up to 500hp...

A new report coming from Germany indicates the upcoming Audi S4 will make the switch to a turbocharged engine.

About a week ago we heard Car & Driver saying the warm S4 will carry on with the supercharged V6 3.0-liter engine but upgraded to 350 PS (257 kW). Now, Auto Zeitung mentions Audi has decided to ditch that engine and opt for a turbocharged V6 3.0-liter pushing out 354 PS (260 kW). The German publication also says the S4 will be introduced in mid-September at the Frankfurt Motor Show and most likely they are referring to both sedan and wagon versions since Audi unveiled the new A4 B9 Sedan and Avant concomitantly.

There's no word about performances, but rest assure it will be quicker than the old version as it will be about 100 kg (220 lbs) lighter and approximately 20 PS (15 kW) more powerful. We remind you the previous generation S4 Sedan needed 5 seconds until 62 mph (100 km/h) and achieved a limited top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h).

Interestingly, the same report mentions the RS4 Avant will come next year with a turbocharged 6-cylinder engine with around 500 PS (368 kW), thus making it a lot more powerful than its predecessor which had a 4.2-liter V8 naturally aspirated engine with 450 PS (331 kW).
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Even more info:

Audi's Technical Development boss has revealed some new details about the upcoming S4 and RS4.

Speaking to Auto Express, Dr Ulrich Hackenberg confirmed the new S4 will have a turbocharged V6 engine with an output in "excess of 350 bhp."

Hackenberg went on to suggest the RS4 will use a 3.0-liter V6 with e-turbo technology. He declined to give performance figures but acknowledged the car wouldn't be as powerful as the Mercedes-AMG C63 S because “that car has eight cylinders”. That's not much to go on but the magazine is reporting the engine could be produce as much as 480 bhp.

There's no word on timing but previous reports have indicated the S4 could be unveiled as early as September. We'll probably have to wait a little longer to see the RS4 but Quattro GmbH boss Heinz Hollerweger has already said the model will be "launched relatively early in the production cycle."

Edit: Today it has been added that the B9 RS4 will come in both sedan and avant forms.
            Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 07-23-2015, 07:51 AM.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Optional Matrix LED headlights

Blair

Comment

Audi of America President Scott Keogh has revealed the automaker has decided against offering a diesel engine in the 2017 A4.

Despite sounding like a response to the Dieselgate scandal, Keogh insists the move is unrelated. As he explained to Automotive News, the decision was made six months ago and is the result of declining interest in diesel-powered sedans. Keogh went on to say “The marketplace speaks, we listen to the marketplace, and the marketplace told us 'Go with SUVs.’”

Audi and Volkswagen are still trying to get the United States Environmental Protection Agency to sign-off on the sale of models equipped with diesel engines but Keogh said that process didn't have any effect on the decision. The executive went on to suggest additional diesel-powered variants could be dropped in the future but noted a decision is unlikely to occur before the next-generation of Audi models is introduced.

As we have previously reported, the Audi A4 is offered with an assortment of diesel engines in Europe. Choices include a 2.0-liter TDI with outputs of 150 horsepower and 190 hp as well as a 3.0-liter TDI that develops 218 hp and 272 hp.
                Blair

Comment

Potentially looking at a new car, but I'm really disappointed that neither the S4 or the TT/TTS come with a Manual transmission.
                  Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

sorry Colin i think we are all screwed

the only newer fun car i spotted at the tdot auto show was the new M2 that had a 6spd

everything else was flappy paddles across the board

sadly like other discussions i think this is the way all the new cars are going

the funny thing is the b8 S4 has the 8spd auto not a DSG.. its the same tranny thats in my Q7 which is really good/quick,etc but S4 and TT for sure should still get manual options at least until 2020

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post
                      sorry Colin i think we are all screwed

the only newer fun car i spotted at the tdot auto show was the new M2 that had a 6spd

everything else was flappy paddles across the board

sadly like other discussions i think this is the way all the new cars are going

the funny thing is the b8 S4 has the 8spd auto not a DSG.. its the same tranny thats in my Q7 which is really good/quick,etc but S4 and TT for sure should still get manual options at least until 2020
                      Yea Ryan - unfortunately I think you're right. Rumor is the new TT RS may potentially come with a 6-speed manual, but I'm not sure how true that is. I think I might end up going back to B8, although I really like the new interiors on the B9.

A friend of mine recently went for a Cayman rather than a TTS, and one of the primary reasons was the inability to get a Manual on the TTS.
                      Last edited by liquid; 04-04-2016, 12:24 PM.
                      Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

honestly the B9 if you buy the newer package will make you happy.. that virtual cockpit is amazing in person when i played with it.

the b8.5 would be your best bet but the b9 features will make you sad unless you really don't care and then can save $$ by picking up a b8.5 manual too

Comment

Is the B9 S4 dropping the DCT gearbox in favour of the ZF 8sp that is in literally everything?
                          ///M Power E39 M5

Comment

This is looking a little more exciting.

Blair

Comment

Rear looks very E class.... It needs the Audi RS oval tips. I do like the front end though.

Comment

Damn, I will take one of those avants!
                                sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                                His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                                Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                                Past:
                                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                                2004 .:R32 BMP