• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The BMW M3 (E30) film. Everything about the first BMW M3 generation

Nice!
    Keep them coming.....

Comment

Another good video. Only thing to note is that they showcase a European M3. The biggest difference being the engine.

Europe got the S50B30 in 93-95 which had the 3.0L 286hp inline six with ITB's. This engine was a whole other beast from the standard 325is. Canada was lucky enough to get this option but only in 94, and I believe it was limited production. In 96, the engines were switched to OBDII and the M3's got the more powerful S50B32, 3.2L 321hp inline six with ITB's. North America never got this option.

Sadly enough North America got screwed again. In 94 & 95, North American M3's were given the S50B30 which was basically a bored out M50B25 (the 325is engine), without ITB's and only putting out 240hp. In 96, the engines increased to 3.2L, however due to emissions, the intake manifold was decreased along with other measures which kept the North American S52B32 at 240hp, also without ITB's. Again this engine was just a bored out M52B28 (328is engine).

So there's a little history of how North America got the shaft when it came to the glorious BMW E36 M3
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
        Another good video. Only thing to note is that they showcase a European M3. The biggest difference being the engine.

Europe got the S50B30 in 93-95 which had the 3.0L 286hp inline six with ITB's. This engine was a whole other beast from the standard 325is. Canada was lucky enough to get this option but only in 94, and I believe it was limited production. In 96, the engines were switched to OBDII and the M3's got the more powerful S50B32, 3.2L 321hp inline six with ITB's. North America never got this option.

Sadly enough North America got screwed again. In 94 & 95, North American M3's were given the S50B30 which was basically a bored out M50B25 (the 325is engine), without ITB's and only putting out 240hp. In 96, the engines increased to 3.2L, however due to emissions, the intake manifold was decreased along with other measures which kept the North American S52B32 at 240hp, also without ITB's. Again this engine was just a bored out M52B28 (328is engine).

So there's a little history of how North America got the shaft when it came to the glorious BMW E36 M3
        Yeah there must be a history of why NA doesn't get the Europe equivalent builds and options. Between the strict safety standards to maybe the NA consumers not wishing to pay the top $$$ for a car they might think isn't worth the money when the Mustang GTs and Camaro SS made more power for less.
        sigpic
        Instagram: @ed_kisov

BMW 435i xDrive ///M Performance
        ex MK6 Golf R RB
        ex MK6 GTI CSG
        ex MK4 Jetta 1.8T
        ex MK3 Jetta CL

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
          Hmmm.

I've doubled on the investment to date, so it was a quicker return than the car, but you can't drift a cheque.
          I just love your M3. I think that saying goes for most of us....can't drift a cheque
          --
          Rod
          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Happy New Year to everyone!

BMW released 2 more videos on the M3 generations E46 and E92:

Enjoy!
            -E
            sigpic
            Instagram: @ed_kisov

BMW 435i xDrive ///M Performance
            ex MK6 Golf R RB
            ex MK6 GTI CSG
            ex MK4 Jetta 1.8T
            ex MK3 Jetta CL

Comment

Thanks. These are sweet too!

Comment

Working...
              X