My 09 GTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 09 GTI

So, i've been talking back and forth with Colin about Air. Decided that I'm going to go air. Getting rid of the Fk Silverlines! Colin found a guy selling an E Level System and it so happened that he was a local so that's even better lol. So i bought the E level as well as a 5G air tank. Going to be picking it up this week! Also just talked to ORT and ordered everything else I am missing. Bagyards, Zenith OB2 air compressor and all that good stuff. Should be coming in a week or 2! here's a pic of the tank and management system. I'll have some pics up when everything come in. Also, wheels and bumper should be in soooooooon too as we're getting closer to the end of March lol. Here's a pic

Shout out for Colin for helping me and sourcing parts for this air set up!

Comment

Just keeps getting better and better!!!
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
        Just keeps getting better and better!!!
        Wish I could say the same for the wallet definitely lighter that's for sure lol

Comment

this is gonna be awesome!
          2006 Jetta 2.5L
          2003 GTI 337
          2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Can't wait to see this when its done. Glad andrew was able to help you out!
            TJ
            '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
            '01 Silver S4

Comment

Well my rails and brackets came in a few days ago. Haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Jason came over and we were messing around with the rails to see if they'd fit the seat. Thought we'd test fit them to make sure they fit. Got the rails and brackets from Wedge Engineering with no instructions or anything. Took awhile to piece together. They decided to use the inner holes of the seats which seem to be pretty tough and tight to get tools in to hold it. Probably need someone with VAGCOM to stop by help me mess around with the air bags and heated seat option through VAGCOM. (beers if anyone is interested!)

Some pics!

thanks again TJ for the air tank!!! lol

got word that the wheels should be in April 24. lets hope that's true. the dates keep getting pushed back lets hope april 24 is firm haha.

Comment

Buh...buh...buh...ballin!!!!!!
                Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by luuluu View Post
                  thanks again TJ for the air tank!!! lol
                  Yeah buddy! Looks like its going to be an epic build, so excited!
                  TJ
                  '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
                  '01 Silver S4

Comment

So another nice day but seems to be getting gloomier. i had one of my bride seats over at my place after test fitting the Wedge Engineering backets and rails a few days ago. Decided to install at least one of them today. Took the driver seat out and put the new seats in! check out the pics. Pretty straight forward install to be honest.

4 bolts hold the OEM seats in to the car. unbolted those and then began unplugging the wires for the heated seats lumbar support etc.

unplugging the wires

whole bundle of wires. took what i needed for the bride seats.

went back inside to get the brackets and rails onto the Bride. 4 bolts that hold the base of the Bride seat. unbolted them so we could screw the rails onto the frame of the bride seats.

went back to the garage and BAM bolted her down so here's how it looks at the moment!

we zipped tied the wires under the seat to the seat.

me just chillin lol decided to take the air tank and polish it

in person it looked like a blue gunmetal titanium colour. it looked pretty sick lol

after polish

and a few randoms afterwards when we were done

passenger side hopefully next week!

Comment

• Re: My 09 GTI

Looks great!! Whats with all the theatre seats in your living room though?
                      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                        Looks great!! Whats with all the theatre seats in your living room though?
                        thanks man! i actually have a theatre room down there in the basement lol

i can now add the GTI seats in there as well!

Comment

I see!! Holy spoiler on the STI. Didn't even notice it before as it was so high I thought it was part of the gutters on the roof!
                          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

This thing is sweet!

Comment

BAM! decided to take advantage of today again and just chill. might as well put in the second seat hahaha

both in!! looks good from the rear seats haha

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                                I see!! Holy spoiler on the STI. Didn't even notice it before as it was so high I thought it was part of the gutters on the roof!
                                that's so funny because it does blend in pretty well hahahah it's pretty badass in person

Originally posted by vwpride View Post
                                This thing is sweet!
                                thanks man!! saw your thread too and yours is looking great as well!!

Comment

Working...
                                X