• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Busy Weekend

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
    onceover, what model/make is your amp?
    Its an Alpine V-Power MRP-M650
    Last edited by Mattie; 03-08-2010, 09:19 PM.
    I Guess I </3 Men Anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
      It was pretty polite, then again I would rather come across harsh then someone put themselves in harms way.
      Kris you are thinking about output wattage as a AC output not an DC input. The current draw would be continuous as a DC input and would also be much larger due to the efficiency of the amp.
      well in that case, epic fail to your ability to communicate; i sympathize for your co-workers
      D.J.
      Turbo SVT Focus
      Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Looks good but i would highly recommend not mounting your amp on the box! Had 2 of my cars broken into and only lost the subs both times, they never got the amp either time cause i do not put it all together, makes it too easy for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattie View Post
          Its an Alpine V-Power MRP-M650
          u know, 30 amps at full rms. but realistically there will be ms spikes of high current draw and there's a good chance nothing will happen; but as stony said, if it was a continous draw of 400 watts, you'll def heat those buggers up as they'll be the weakest link.

u know what i'd suggest? a 3 prong power plug .. that'll be original and fit your need. plus the plastic on power plugs is not as soft as the banana's and won't catch fire if heated.

and if u make it a 3 prong power plug, you can wire up accessories to plug in exchange of amp. 12v trouble light, 12v air pump, etc... u'd be bawling

get what you need from home depot.
          D.J.
          Turbo SVT Focus
          Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
            Looks good but i would highly recommend not mounting your amp on the box! Had 2 of my cars broken into and only lost the subs both times, they never got the amp either time cause i do not put it all together, makes it too easy for them.
            Its impossible to get into the trunk without the compustar FOB, which is quite nice. I dont really have to worry about the subs going anywhere
            I Guess I </3 Men Anymore!

Comment

well in that case, epic fail to your ability to communicate; i sympathize for your co-workers
              And a failure on your not being an a$$hat. Trying the help the guy out, we have all been down that road, he has done a great job on the install so why nto take the extra step to make it safe. Next time maybe you should stick to the topic on hand.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

u know, 30 amps at full rms. but realistically there will be ms spikes of high current draw and there's a good chance nothing will happen; but as stony said, if it was a continous draw of 400 watts, you'll def heat those buggers up as they'll be the weakest link.

u know what i'd suggest? a 3 prong power plug .. that'll be original and fit your need. plus the plastic on power plugs is not as soft as the banana's and won't catch fire if heated.

and if u make it a 3 prong power plug, you can wire up accessories to plug in exchange of amp. 12v trouble light, 12v air pump, etc... u'd be bawling

get what you need from home depot.
                thats actually a pretty damn good idea

Pat

His
                1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Fight fight fight

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                    And a failure on your not being an a$$hat.

sorry, english is my first language. want to try again?
                    D.J.
                    Turbo SVT Focus
                    Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

You know I am not even going to bother replying to you and will stick to the topic. A 3 prong plug won't cut it either as they are rated for 15 amps AC and with their small contact area will not be able to handle the 40-50 amps DC needed for an amp. Also there are not many that will have 8ga inputs. That being said I am done with this topic as there is no need to turn this into the vortex.
                      Name: Brent
                      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                      X