Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Wheels

Originally posted by GTI CANADIAN View Post
    I saw a spreadsheet on one of the forums which detailed what tire/rim/offset/drop combination would not rub. I'll look into it again.
    Was it this spreedsheet?

Anyways, when I get my wheels, I'm going to be running 18x8.5 all around.

Comment

yes, that is the spreadsheet. Looks like I'll be getting 205/40r18's!!!!

Hopefully dude calls me back and is willing to sell the coilovers.

After coils, rims, and tires. I'll need a turboback, and perhaps a high pressure fuel pump.

Or, spend the money for the exhaust on a K04 kit! I'll need new rods though.

Comment

Got a pretty good deal on these. Dude said he had them on his GTI for 2 months before trading it for a Tacoma.

Now to figure out the installation!

Comment

I also was looking at the wheels. Seems the offset is actually et33

Comment

Watch the threads on those FK's, the body's aluminum and the threads are fine, get any specks of dirt or gravel in there and they GALL!, ask me know i know.

Comment

Actually cant remeber 100% if the body is aluminum or soft stainless, either way they gall easy.

Comment

It says they're Stainless Housings on the Concept-1 Website. Either way, I'll give them a good cleaning and greasing.

Dude said there was some kick ass grease he recommended for Crappy tire.

Anyone know if it might be a good idea to replace the Strut mounts and bearings when I install these?

Comment

I believe they are stainless but a crappy grade of stainless it their soft, just make sure there's no grit in the threads or in the threads of the adj rings, one little speck of gravel with gal them up. When I ran coils I never greased them in the summer casue they were easier to keep clean as grease atracts grit. I just greased them before winter to protect from salt but never adjust them after. I would adjust to where I wanted for winter then greased, then in the summer gave them a good bath in brake clean to get them back to grit free state again.

Comment

Those rims are nice, but I still like the monoblocks better..but thats my biased opinion
                    Justin

Comment

Working...
                    X