Comment

Re: My MKIV

Looks bad ass!!!

Comment

Originally posted by luuluu View Post
        nice mods so far! I say more low...and more of the Z4! haha
        Z4 M haha

It's actually my mom's and it's soooo sick.

Comment

First off the car looks great.
          I do have some safety concerns though. Do 2003's not come with a pillar airbags? I can see some people thing add on pods are ok but I think a triple pod is pushing it. Second is HIDs, yes you think they may have saved your life but in turn you have likely put many many more peoples life in harms way. You will find many many arguements on these forums and they will all condem you for putting HIDs in stock housings. If you like them that much get propper housings and do it right.
          /end rant
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

We are starting to see more and more people putting in aftermarket HID's and I agree they are bright, but is it any different than the people driving around with their fog lights on, or better yet in a jacked up truck with their fog lights on shining directly into your eyes. Most vehicles that come stock with HID's are even still ridiculously bright and they are not something that is going to go away.
            As for the gauge pod, yes there is an airbag under there but I am willing to take the risk. Modifying a vehicle in anyway gets rid of the safety features set up by the vehicle makers. Is it safe to have a car with 600 whp? No. Is it safe to have a car that is decades old? No. Is it safe to have a truck that someone could walk under? No.

I see what your getting at with the safety concerns but I'm not the only one doing this and in fact, we all do this.

Comment

So if everyone else jumps off a bridge it is ok for you too do so? The vehicles coming with stock HID's have housings with the right cutoffs etc but better yet are MADE to run HID's. As for your gauge pod have you thought of the insurance problems you will have if you ever get in an accident? Whatever your choices are just be sure you can live with the consequences.
              Ohh and more pics of the Z4
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by vwpride View Post
                We are starting to see more and more people putting in aftermarket HID's and I agree they are bright, but is it any different than the people driving around with their fog lights on, or better yet in a jacked up truck with their fog lights on shining directly into your eyes. Most vehicles that come stock with HID's are even still ridiculously bright and they are not something that is going to go away.
                As for the gauge pod, yes there is an airbag under there but I am willing to take the risk. Modifying a vehicle in anyway gets rid of the safety features set up by the vehicle makers. Is it safe to have a car with 600 whp? No. Is it safe to have a car that is decades old? No. Is it safe to have a truck that someone could walk under? No.

I see what your getting at with the safety concerns but I'm not the only one doing this and in fact, we all do this.
                If possible disable the airbag there, you don't want that pod assembly launching into you.

ps. with 10k hids, at least there is probably the same amount of useable light as a good h7 halogen bulb. 4300k/5000k would be bright. 10k is more like those cheap painted bulbs.
                put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Looks great! IMO tail light tint needs to go!
                  sigpic

Comment

Real clean car. I guess if you're gonna run HIDs in stock housings, at least the 10000K is the least brightest.
                    Ken

2012 VW JETTA TDI
                    2000 VW JETTA 2.0 - Old ride

Comment

Looks good. Needs a bit more low

Loose the badge on the grille
                      To many gauges for my liking
                      Certified 3m installer
                      jwukovits@me.com
                      1-403-988-9012
                      Instagram @Protectit
                      I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
                      2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
                      2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

Originally posted by vwpride View Post
                        HID's were not made to be fitted into halogen lights. They were not designed for it, and you're blinding drivers around you, consider other peoples safety and get projectors. Do it once, do it right.

Comment

do you live in the SW, Perhaps evergreen or bridlewood?
                          MIKE
                          '03 GTi VR6

Comment

Thought that I would do an update.

First off I would like to apologize to Stonewall and any others I was ignorant towards. A few months after having the HID's in, I decided to take them out. I now realize that HID's are not meant to be put into stock housings, they don't have that much more light output, and I was just blinding people.

Onto the goods.

I just finished my air ride install last night and I am very pleased with the results.

All the way up:
                            Front- 27"
                            Rear- 29.75"

All the way down
                            Front- 22.5"
                            Rear- 23.5"

The subframe sits about 3/4" off the ground

And the trunk setup (taken before air lines were ran)

A few things that I would still like to do:
                            4 Motion Lip
                            GLI side skirts
                            Run dual compressors
                            Get a new water trap as the one I had leaked

Please don't mind the crappy pics, I'm not a photographer and I can't justify spending hundreds on a high quality camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Satnam View Post
                              If possible disable the airbag there, you don't want that pod assembly launching into you.
                              this would be true as i also used to feel thi way but thoes air bags are slow inflatin compressed gas curtains not solid fuel units .as i used to also believe . still not super safe but leave the airbags in and don't get tossed out the window .
                              car looks good . you live in sylvan .? have you been into my shop ?
                              Last edited by turbomeyers; 02-07-2011, 04:00 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Very clean looking Jetta VWPRIDE. Stance looks just right to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X