Picked up my new car, GLI content!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my new car, GLI content!

Bought this on saturday! I have never loved a car more.

I have a couple things planned, but I don't really need to do much.. the car is awesome in its current form.

Re: Picked up my new car, GLI content!

Ya shoulds come on the Highwood cruise, today, with that bad boy!
    Very nice looking car!!!
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Nice ride
      Work - houzz / linkedin
      Play - haldex swap

Comment

I like

Comment

Nice lookin ride. Pretty sure I test drove it a few weeks ago (if you picked it up from Edgemont)
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

If this was Matt's car, I remember seeing it back when we went to SAIT a few years ago. Dope car.
            2006 Audi A3 2.0T

Comment

Pretty sure I saw this car getting gas in West Hills on Sunday night. If not, I saw the twin.

Comment

Sorry bud, I looked at buying this car a while ago and got it inspected and it wasnt very pretty. Ill share the report with you if you would like, but overall $8000 worth of repairs were quoted. Some things you should have been able to pick up on just with a simple test drive and getting under the car to inspect it (something you should do when buying any car)

Major things include:
                - timing belt needs to be replaced
                - water pump is leaking
                - cam tensioner seals are leaking
                - clutch needs to be replaced
                - one of the rims is pretty bent
                - airbag light is on
                - alternator wiring harness is melted along with a grounding wire

So these are the reasons that i didn't buy this car. Again let me know if you want the actual report.

Sean

Comment

I am curious as to where you got it inspected. I knew there was some things wrong with it when I bought it. My uncle is a mechanic, and I can do any amount of maintenance required. However I have records that the timing belt, waterpump, as well as the major seals were all done 20k ago at tunedub, and when I put it in the air to do an oil change there was no apparent coolant leak. The clutch seems to hold just fine, and I can get the wiring things easily.

Thank you for your concern, but as far as I can tell not all of that is needed.

Comment

Sorry i do not mean to argue here or be mean but did you even test drive the car or do a visual inspection before you purchased it? Did you move the car to see the puddles of fluid on the ground? Did you not smell coolant and oil ABOVE the crayon smell when you were driving the car? Did you not VAGCOM the car before you bought it? I did all of these things and should be very rudimentary before buying a car from anyone, especially since this car has been on the market for a very long time and is cheap and still hasn't sold.

I am trying to help you out here because you did not get it inspected where as i did.

Yes you can do it all yourself, not really hard to do, just time consuming if you don't know the tricks or haven't done it before. The first time i did my timing belt it took me and a buddy 15 hours working through the night to get it done. The latest time on a buddys car we managed to get everything done in just under 6 hours. You will also need specialty tools to take some stuff apart. Again its not that hard, just time consuming if you have never done it before.

Seeing the shape that the car was in and how it was hard to get into gear meant that the PO really didnt care about the car at all. He didn't bother adjusting the short shifter so that it could actually go into reverse, didnt change the oil for what looks like 10,000kms, couldn't be bothered with getting the radio code and getting the radio working again, just ignoring the airbag light, blowing fuses in the engine bay.

Either way i hope you fix the car up and treat it better, GLI's deserve better

Comment

http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...s&daysprune=45

Oh and one other thing i thought of, check around the door frames, especially the drivers side in between the front and rear doors, there is gray primer as if it was in an accident.
                      Last edited by MechEngg; 10-13-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Whatever the case may be your car looks good, enjoy the sweet new ride.
                        GT3071R and more...

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                          Sorry i do not mean to argue here or be mean but did you even test drive the car or do a visual inspection before you purchased it? Did you move the car to see the puddles of fluid on the ground? Did you not smell coolant and oil ABOVE the crayon smell when you were driving the car? Did you not VAGCOM the car before you bought it? I did all of these things and should be very rudimentary before buying a car from anyone, especially since this car has been on the market for a very long time and is cheap and still hasn't sold.

I am trying to help you out here because you did not get it inspected where as i did.

Yes you can do it all yourself, not really hard to do, just time consuming if you don't know the tricks or haven't done it before. The first time i did my timing belt it took me and a buddy 15 hours working through the night to get it done. The latest time on a buddys car we managed to get everything done in just under 6 hours. You will also need specialty tools to take some stuff apart. Again its not that hard, just time consuming if you have never done it before.

Seeing the shape that the car was in and how it was hard to get into gear meant that the PO really didnt care about the car at all. He didn't bother adjusting the short shifter so that it could actually go into reverse, didnt change the oil for what looks like 10,000kms, couldn't be bothered with getting the radio code and getting the radio working again, just ignoring the airbag light, blowing fuses in the engine bay.

Either way i hope you fix the car up and treat it better, GLI's deserve better
                          Ok, I realize theres things wrong with it, I knew it when I bought it. I'm trying to apprentice for mechanics and I will be fixing things as I go, so just drop it.

Again with the timing belt.. I have a receipt from tunedub that has about 1400$ worth of work done. Timing belt, waterpump, cam seal, crank seal, everything related to it was done at 60k miles or so. So if it needs a timing belt, and a waterpump, I should be questioning whether anything was actually done at tunedub, as I do not believe it was done by this last guy, but the guy previous. Not trying to argue, I legit want to know. I threw it up in the air to do an oil change but I didn't look as closely as I should've. When I can get it up in the air again I will check things out and get a journeyman to take a look at it. I'm genuinely curious, cause a pump shouldn't **** the bed in 20k miles.

Any way you put this, I already bought the car and am enjoying it. I will replace whats necessary, and continue to do exactly what you said.. fix it up. I realize its not a pristine example of a GLI, but I didn't pay what a pristine GLI would cost.

Comment

Working...
                          X