Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soap's 2.slow mk4

Originally posted by alba View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. You did some performance work on a 2.0L? What did you do?
    I have to be careful, as we aren't a site sponsor or anything yet. We have developed an entry level supercharger for the 2.slow. Check some of my posts. We will be showing it around the next 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamman View Post
      I have to be careful, as we aren't a site sponsor or anything yet. We have developed an entry level supercharger for the 2.slow. Check some of my posts. We will be showing it around the next 2 months.
      Sorry to clog up your thread but gamman, what makes your set up any better as a temp power adder then lets just say a 50 shot of nitrous
      Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

The electric supercharger won't be as detremental to engine internals as NOS would. It also doesn't need to be recharged. I wouldn't run NOS in a 2.0 but I would definitely run an electric SC

Comment

Though a progressive nitrous controller could easily do a 50 shot without being any harder on the motor.

50hp is 50hp no matter how you cut it, and with modern nitrous systems properly tuned you wouldn't be stressing the engine any more than a SC does. However IMO it just wouldn't be worth it as a dollar/hp choice.
          GT3071R and more...

Comment

I'm just gonna keep it slow for now.. Reliability is more of a priority for me than power, but I am curious to see how that thing runs.

Thanks for the tips MechEngg, I think I'm gonna do some retrofits. I'm probably gonna need some help

ALSO I'm going to be pulling the HID's out and mount my skid plate sometime this week

Comment

Under drive pulleys made the most notiable gains on my 2 slow. Exhaust helped aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by alba View Post
                mount my skid plate sometime this week
                Make sure you use an impact gun to get the rivets into your subframe and other spots as well. It is a lot faster and much easier than trying to do it by hand, trust me... I know from experience... If you wreck a rivet they are about $8 a piece at concept1. Also have a second person helping you.
                MIKE
                '03 GTi VR6

Comment

Originally posted by mDmVR6 View Post
                  Make sure you use an impact gun to get the rivets into your subframe and other spots as well. It is a lot faster and much easier than trying to do it by hand, trust me... I know from experience... If you wreck a rivet they are about $8 a piece at concept1. Also have a second person helping you.
                  I can agree with that!

Pat

His
                  1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                  1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                  1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                  2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                  Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

I don't want to clog up the OP's thread with my stuff, all I am saying is that if your are paying someone to put on a power adder, give us a call/email/pm first. Any bolt on that you pay Labour $/hr diminishes the power gain for $ vs ours. If you can DIY, great. If not, call us.

Later.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamman View Post
                      I don't want to clog up the OP's thread with my stuff, all I am saying is that if your are paying someone to put on a power adder, give us a call/email/pm first. Any bolt on that you pay Labour $/hr diminishes the power gain for $ vs ours. If you can DIY, great. If not, call us.

Later.
                      I've seen this setup outside TUNEDUB...and am curious...you didn't show up on the K-Cuntry cruise last fall Gamman???
                      OP...I'm getting ready to do GTI retrofits...maybe we can have a bit of a get together...I have a few experienced guys offering help...
                      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my headlights yet.. I feel tempted to buy the Helix HID housings for now and then work on the retrofits slowly so I can take my time on them, but I don't know how I feel having reps on my car. Anyone else running the OEM HID reps made by Helix on their car?

Comment

Were you on deerfoot last night at 11:00ish going from chinook to 130th ave? And today heading north on deerfoot at around 4:15?

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                            Were you on deerfoot last night at 11:00ish going from chinook to 130th ave? And today heading north on deerfoot at around 4:15?
                            Nope, not me haha

Comment

Good to know, I was going to have to hate you for the rest of my life. Last night a slightly lowered silver golf 2.0 followed me half of the way home with HIDs in his high beams, and his high beams on. I got behind him and flashed him a few times quickly and he didn't turn off his high beams. ******. And today I saw the exact same car with his low beams with HIDs and I was gonna kill him again lol

Comment

Yeah I don't think it was me haha.. but that reminds me, my HID's are out

and I got these hypebeast stickers on my rear windshield if you thought you spotted me

Last edited by alba; 03-29-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X