Soap's 2.slow mk4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soap's 2.slow mk4

My name is Sophearith (just "Soap" if it's easier, ridiculous name I know haha) and this is my 2.slow so far.. hoping to gain some knowledge and help from creating this thread when I encounter problems because I'm pretty new with this. The goal for this car is a nice and slow, stanced out daily drive. But this is what I have done so far..

FYI: pictures are from brutal facebook mobile pictures.. sorry

Bought a stock 2003 VW Golf GL with 130,000km and was pretty mint..

1 and a half years later..

GTI Tail lights + Debadged + Super wide

6000K HID + Yellow H7 + Led city lights + Joey mod + cracked bumper

Shitty temporary double din, but does everything I need

Ultimo Coilovers + new grill.. still cracked bumper

Have to raise her a bit until the brackets for my skid plate come in.. a lot more to come!!! This is how she's sitting now

Rims and tires come in less than a week!!!!!!! Low and slow baby!!
    Last edited by alba; 03-26-2012, 12:56 AM.

Re: Soap's 2.slow mk4

Nice work so far. Other than the skid plate, what are your mod plans?
    Work - houzz / linkedin
    Play - haldex swap

Comment

I like, I think am going to follow a similar route.

Comment

I like the progress do far too. Please get proper headlights to run the HID's though.

Comment

Lookin good. But yeah if you don't have the proper housing for your HID's, take them out. Everyone around you will thank you.
          --
          Rod
          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Like your modest goals, stick to best bang for the buck don't try and do everything.

I recommend trying to pick up a painted front lip and then just painting your rear valence, it's not too expensive and a nice OEM look on a Mk4. Even if you have to DIY the paint.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Good start. But as said please take out the HIDs from the stock reflector headlights. Thank you in advance

Comment

What kind of wheels did you go with?
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Nice ride so far.

You and your other friend following need some power. Before you spend, make sure you come for a ride in our golf. I am biased of course.

Comment

I appreciate the support so far guys, as for future mods I'm just gonna try getting good stance for right now with subtle changes on the side, nothing in particular yet.

I really want to get the front anni lip or paint the front and rear valances, but I have heard that it's very difficult to color match reflex silver by yourself. I may still try it and get it close as possible

Yeah.. as for the HID's I thought it would be better with the joey mod, but nope. Is there parts for a retrofit project for a golf? I've seen some nice jettas on here. But the only OEM HID's housings are the R32 ones right?

As for rims, I went with Pat's monoblocks. Not my favourite looking rims at the moment haha but I thought they would be a good start with their dimensions. Thinking of refinishing them to white but we will see!
                    Last edited by alba; 03-26-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamman View Post
                      Nice ride so far.

You and your other friend following need some power. Before you spend, make sure you come for a ride in our golf. I am biased of course.
                      Thanks man, I appreciate it. You did some performance work on a 2.0L? What did you do?

Comment

I will be another one to jump on the remove the HID's from stock housings bandwagen. As you can tell most of us hate when people do that as it creates a hazard for everyone else driving on the road. I am sure doing a retrofit in a golf housing wouldn't be any harder then a jetta but you would either have to just do the low beams or rework the whole light since high/low are separate bulbs in a golf.
                        Name: Brent
                        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I just bought the OEM HID replicas off Natty54 on here, they are great if you want to run HIDs. Car is looking good, I think those Monoblocks will looks super sick!
                          MIKE
                          '03 GTi VR6

Comment

Retrofits are definitely the way to go. You can use either a low beam projector or a bi-xenon (hi/low) projector for a golf. If you use a bi-xenon projector then you can just do some simple wiring to make the solenoid that moves the shield (on the projector) to activate when the high beams go on, then you have both halogen and HID high beams. I'm pretty sure 2 buddies are doing retrofits on golfs/gti/r32's in the next few months with my help so i will get back to you with some pictures and more info. I think one guy is going to run FX-R's (bi-xenon) and the other is going with TSX low beams so i will have lots of examples to show you plus costs. It will cost $395 for the TSX low beam and $315 for the FX-R hi/low beam kits including everything you need to do the retrofits so it is very affordable.

Comment

Looks good so far.
                              GT3071R and more...

Comment

Working...
                              X