Re: While I'm In There... 1990 Coupe quattro Refurb

Further teaser shot:

Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Very nice, very nice... but what's the story on those threads on top of each runner where they meet the head?
      Work - houzz / linkedin
      Play - haldex swap

Comment

Individual runner EGT bungs.

Comment

That's what I thought but didn't want to jump to conclusions or anything... now how about them nozzles... if they exist...
          Work - houzz / linkedin
          Play - haldex swap

Comment

Going to have to make you up one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
              That's what I thought but didn't want to jump to conclusions or anything... now how about them nozzles... if they exist...
              They definitely exist. Photos will follow in due time. Patience grasshopper

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
              Going to have to make you up one of these.
              Hell yes!

I'll also have to find a way to integrate the visor into the car as well... but a worthy exercise for sure!

Is there a way to make them switch over and display other signals as well?

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                Hell yes!

I'll also have to find a way to integrate the visor into the car as well... but a worthy exercise for sure!

Is there a way to make them switch over and display other signals as well?
                Mine have a analog to digital board on the back of the displays in the center visor ( I only have 2 ). The replacement boards for the OEM egt sensors have two outputs, one the ECU sees and one to whatever you want. What Standalone are you using for this monster?

Comment

Mine have a analog to digital board on the back of the displays in the center visor ( I only have 2 ). The replacement boards for the OEM egt sensors have two outputs, one the ECU sees and one to whatever you want. What Standalone are you using for this monster?
                  Yeah, I recall being suitably impressed by your initial post with this mod... was surprised to see the room for 5 screens on the visor!

I'm using Vems.

Comment

ya that was photoshop. I imagine you could get 5 smaller displays in there.

Comment

A small LCD display would look better and be more readable in my opinion.
                      Name: Brent
                      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                        A small LCD display would look better and be more readable in my opinion.
                        If you have any suggestions, by all means post them up... I'm just starting to chew on this as a viable option for keeping an eye on the various parameters of my motor.
                        Last edited by PRY4SNO; 05-30-2015, 03:40 PM. Reason: quote

Comment

In dash pop out Android or Windoz Computer with a 7 inch touch screen BT keyboard to run all the tuning software and have a gauge for every sensor hooked into the Vems. I got a 350 buck one from china that is kind of half configured for the ACR with MS3.

Comment

In dash pop out Android or Windoz Computer with a 7 inch touch screen BT keyboard to run all the tuning software and have a gauge for every sensor hooked into the Vems. I got a 350 buck one from china that is kind of half configured for the ACR with MS3.
                            That's right along the lines of what I've been planning...

7" or 8" Android tablet and a mount on the passenger side at dash height to use it as nav/music storage/Vems display.

Comment

Didn't I see this in Fast and the Furious 1?
                              Name: Brent
                              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                                Didn't I see this in Fast and the Furious 1?
                                “This time it ain’t just about being fast.”

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                                That's right along the lines of what I've been planning...

7" or 8" Android tablet and a mount on the passenger side at dash height to use it as nav/music storage/Vems display.
                                I wish i went with a windoz OS instead of android. Seems to be better support for the tuning software. What software does the VEMs use for the tuning? A nice fast Windows OS with Android running in VMware would be a nice setup. Best of both worlds. Or a Mac Mini running Windows and Android in VMware!
                                Last edited by bobkatkat; 05-31-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X